Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Esword on a Tablet

35 replies to this topic

#11 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:24 PM

Hi

So ... Can My Sword work on the Kindle?

I think it can if you root it so it has google play market access.

I am not sure if it can be done another way.

#12 trifectatom

trifectatom

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationMiddleburg,FL

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:08 PM

I saw a youtube video yesterday "run windows on your android phone or device", the guy said it ran S...L....O.......W the main reason to do this was to impress your iphone friends with I guess how much time you had to do usless unfruitful things, but I digress I am running CadreBible on my smartyphone and my android tablet-multiple Bibles(Amplified,BBE,NASB,WET and YLT) ISBE Webster's dictionary TSK, if I need the whole library I tote the LT. My callsign IS trifectatom.

#13 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:18 PM

Amazon tries to prevent the Kindle from using but a narrow range of approved apps. You would have to root the Kindle Fire to be able to try. I have a Kindle Fire--I can try it one day.

#14 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:21 PM

With the size of Kindle, I'm prone to think that even if its possible to run e-Sword on it, it would not just be slow, but it would be a very small screen size to fit on and so making it almost impractical to use. Personally, I don't think its worthwhile giving it a go.

Blessings,
Autograph.png
X (formerly Twitter)

#15 trifectatom

trifectatom

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationMiddleburg,FL

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

Speaking as an "old guy" the reason I love the electronics is you can adjust your font size within reason. As Paul once said "SEE HOW BIG MY SIGNITURE IS?" hahaha...really though many really good books the type is sooo small especialy the academic stuff. Grace & Peace to your house, tt

#16 Fireandsalt

Fireandsalt

e-Sword Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:07 AM

The answer to can My Sword run on a Kindle Fire is yes. Go to options and select run third party applications to yes. Then load the My sword apk file and run it. It will install My Sword on your Kindle. Speaking of which, it would be great if the icon for My Sword was made a little larger so it wasn't pixelated on the Kindle Fire.

#17 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:11 PM

The answer to can My Sword run on a Kindle Fire is yes.

Well, now here is an interesting situation mostly because MySword is an Android based application. With that said, however Android is a Linux Distro, and considering that is the case, I'm sort of curious if the Kindle Fire Operating System is also a Linux Distro, and as such makes it possible for Android based applications, such as MySword, by some quirk "compatible."

Blessings,
Autograph.png
X (formerly Twitter)

#18 Fireandsalt

Fireandsalt

e-Sword Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:40 PM

Well, now here is an interesting situation mostly because MySword is an Android based application. With that said, however Android is a Linux Distro, and considering that is the case, I'm sort of curious if the Kindle Fire Operating System is also a Linux Distro, and as such makes it possible for Android based applications, such as MySword, by some quirk "compatible."

Blessings,

Kindle Fire uses Android for it's OS. It just has a different GUI front end to make it easy to use.

#19 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

Kindle Fire uses Android for it's OS. It just has a different GUI front end to make it easy to use.

Hi Ryan,
Well mate, all I can say about that is "Well, well, well!" No wonder why MySword can run on Kindle; that says it all.

Thanks a heap for that, mate.

Blessings,
Autograph.png
X (formerly Twitter)

#20 Fireandsalt

Fireandsalt

e-Sword Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:18 AM

Hi Ryan,
Well mate, all I can say about that is "Well, well, well!" No wonder why MySword can run on Kindle; that says it all.

Thanks a heap for that, mate.

Blessings,

No problems!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users