Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Esword on a Tablet

35 replies to this topic

#1 StandingFirm

StandingFirm

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:39 PM

My wife has a small tablet but it doesn't have a lot of memory. Is it possible to load esword on an external drive or does it have to be on the C drive? Thanks!

#2 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:00 PM

If the tablet has windows and it allows external drives it would be worth a try and I'd guess it may well work. If it is not windows take a look at mysword.info for an android bible program that does a fine job. If not windows or android let us know what system.

#3 StandingFirm

StandingFirm

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:05 PM

Thanks excentric, yes it is a windows tablet. It has about 8 g free but I don't think it would be enough so I was thinking that if an external drive would work I would go out and purchase it. It would be a good option if it would work because then you could take your external drive with you and connect to any computer and you would have your esword library with you.

#4 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:15 PM

theWord Bible software has an option for installation that is completely external. Once you pull the external drive off of the computer, it leaves no trace that it was ever there, yet is fully functional. This may be a good option if you're wanting to run your software off of the external drive.

www.theword.net

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#5 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:25 PM

My wife has a small tablet but it doesn't have a lot of memory. Is it possible to load esword on an external drive or does it have to be on the C drive? Thanks!

Not knowing what type of Windows platform, version and other vital information, if the Tablet is a mobile device running either Windows CE or for Mobile, then the answer is, No! If the Tablet is a type of Notepad device that the monitor can be flipped, turned, and folded backwards, the version is Windows XP for tablet, then possibly yes.

Please be more definitive in your description of the Tablet and the Operating System (OS), so that the answer you receive is accurate, as the answers above could be inaccurate.

Blessings,
Autograph.png
X (formerly Twitter)

#6 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:17 PM

if an external drive would work I would go out and purchase it.

After installing e-Sword, remember to point the resource directory to the appropriate folder on the external drive.

One caveat: when using an external drive, response times slow down noticeably.

jonathon

#7 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:05 AM

hi all

with e-Sword v10.1 you can run your e-sword on an external Hard Drive or usb (memory Stick or flash drive).
go to Options -> Resource Location -> File (at bottom right corner)
But you have to have e-Sword loaded on to your C: drive

I use my usb to run my e-Swsord

thanks
Patchworkid
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#8 drbobthomas

drbobthomas

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:34 AM

I have just purchased a Kindel Fire and would very much like to have e-sword on it. Is there a version for the Kindle Fire?

#9 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:08 AM

I have just purchased a Kindel Fire and would very much like to have e-sword on it.

The Kindle runs a variant of Android. e-Sword is not currently available for Android.

jonathon

#10 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:08 PM

Hi

So ... Can My Sword work on the Kindle?
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users