Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword 10.x won't recognize 9.x modules

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 resurrection2016

resurrection2016

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

I updated from 9.x to 10.x and all my free modules will not display in e-Sword. They are all in the proper place (My Docs) as they were before, but no can do. Any ideas?

Thanks, resurrection2016.

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

I updated from 9.x to 10.x and all my free modules will not display in e-Sword. They are all in the proper place (My Docs) as they were before, but no can do. Any ideas?

Thanks, resurrection2016.

All topic files you did not make yourself should be in program files\e-sword or program files (x86)\e-sword. If that doesn't solve it, then please tell us what types of modules are not appearing and examples of each.

#3 resurrection2016

resurrection2016

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:40 PM

Tried copying all my modules to e-Sword folder in program files x86 and now e-Sword won't even open at all. Not sure what happened...

#4 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

Reinstall e-Sword.

#5 johnson8152

johnson8152

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:48 AM

when I run my converter a message comes up that states; the version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher. I am running a 64-bit, none of my files for the Bible Expository 49 volumes is in the e-sword and the files are in the right location.

#6 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:28 AM

Why are you running a converter on an e-Sword 9 module? You don't need to convert e-Sword 9 modules to work with e-Sword 10.

#7 1MindofChrist

1MindofChrist

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

Need HELP....... Anyone have an answer to why Topic Notes will only allow the creation of new topics. I've tried everything suggested so far with no success. Also does anyone know where topic notes are stored when you create them? 

#8 LarryG

LarryG

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

Need HELP....... Anyone have an answer to why Topic Notes will only allow the creation of new topics. I've tried everything suggested so far with no success. Also does anyone know where topic notes are stored when you create them? 

Hello Friend! :)

Here is a link for the PDF help file for eSword. This is an excellent resource that should tell you everything you need. http://www.biblesupp...vision-1202012/

In Win7 the topic module file is located in C: Users\(account name)\My Documents\e-Sword The name of the file is 'topic.topx'.

Also, I suggest that you make a copy of the topic.topx file and leave it in that same folder. EXAMPLE: Say you are doing a study on marriage, OK? Then make a topic.topx copy, but rename it Marriage.topx. Bring that file up in your Topic editor anytime you want to add notes, then BE SURE TO SAVE any work you paste into that file. It should work fine.

Edited by LarryG, 29 December 2012 - 01:38 AM.

#9 boriqua

boriqua

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 12:00 AM

I'm using 10.4 and I get error messages for all the comentaries and before the bible would load and now the bible wont load at all. Can some one help me?

Thanks

Fe'

Edited by boriqua, 18 April 2015 - 12:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users