Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

Afrikaans Ou Vertaling Download

5 replies to this topic

#1 Hanneke

Hanneke

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:00 AM

How do I download the Afrikaans Ou Vertaling? I get an error message when trying to Download it.

Greetings

Hanneke Meyer

#2 Raymond Barone

Raymond Barone

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:23 AM

From e-Sword.
Open Download, select Bibles, and find it at the top of the list.
Click on its name then Download.

#3 Ken Bain

Ken Bain

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:05 PM

Hanneke couldn't download Afrikaans Ou Vertaling on 17 Apr 2012, Lourens1 couldn't download on 10 Sep 2012, Ken Bain couldn't download on 15 Mar 2013 and again failed on 10 Jan 2014.

Can download other Bibles, etc., but not the AOV - get long error message. Tried another foreign language Bible and got same/similar error message. Can't copy/paste error message to this message board, so have mailed Josh with the error message.

Point is that competent users cannot download this Bible or other foreign language Bibles in the normal way - sounds like a serious glitch to me.

Ken Bain

South Africa

#4 Valerie van Aswegen

Valerie van Aswegen

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:56 AM

I cannot find the Afrikaans Bible on your site! Please advise

#5 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 30 September 2017 - 05:00 PM

There is a possibility that the Bible Society of South Africa is no longer supporting e-Sword for the 1983 Afrikaans edition of the Bible.

In e-Sword from the option Downloads, Bibles - e-Sword Module Downloader, Afrikaans Nuwe Vertaling has an entry in the Premium option. Caption: Afrikaans NV, Title: Afrikaans Nuwe Vertaling Comments: Copyright © 1975, 1979, 1983 by Bible Society of South Africa. Size: 5005312 Date: 2016-06-17

Email Address: <enter in the box> Product Key: <enter in the box> Validate / Cancel
This "locked" module must be purchased from its publisher. They will then provide the "Product Key" needed for installation.
<Not available to Purchase>
If you previously purchased this module for any e-Sword app, then just enter your Email Address and Product Key you received, to install it again.

<Recover Product Key>
This option sends you to eStudySource.com > https://estudysource...ount/login.aspx
Please log in or create a new account. Email: <enter your email address> Password: <enter a password for this website>
<Log in> <Create New Account> Forgot your password? Click here.

In e-Sword, under Download, Bibles, there is an update for the Free Module Caption: Afrikaans OV. Title: Afrikaans Ou Vertaling. Comments: Copyright © 1933, 1953 by Bible Society of South Africa. Size 5112832 Date 2017-09-18

Click on the Title, The entry will appear below, in the list of files to be processed. Click on <Download> at the top left of the screen, Click <Start>. The item will be downloaded. Close e-Sword. Restart e-Sword to see the new additions.

I do not know the details of which words they updated. They did not update the error in Mattheus 3:16 where they ought to have changed "en Hy sien die Gees van God" to a small letter, "en hy sien die Gees van God", to correlate with John 1:33,34. I reported that to them but that is not what they corrected.

https://www.bible.com/en/app provides links to go to Bible.com.app to download The Bible App on a mobile Device, for the following options: iPhone/iPad; Android; BlackBerry; Windows Phone; Windows 8; Java; Symbian; Mobile Web. https://www.bible.com/versions has the following Afrikaans Bibles available, with many more languages available, to read on screen. Bybel vir almal (ABA); Afrikaans 1933/1953 (AFR53); Afrikaans 1983 (AFR83).

#6 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 20 August 2022 - 07:45 PM

PLEASE refer to the Review for http://www.biblesupport.com/e-sword-downloads/file/2580-afrikaans-ou-vertaling-aov/ as provided 2022-08-21 by Olaf Bacon for details about the Afrikaans (1953) Bible as provided by the South African Bible Society for e-Sword.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users