Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
* * * * - 9 votes

E-sword for iPad 2

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ozni

Ozni

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

Is there a download available for e-sword for my iPad 2?

#2 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

Is there a download available for e-sword for my iPad 2?

Unfortunately no, there is nothing like e sword available for iPad that I am aware of. Someone might be able to reccommend a good program for IPAD.
Blessings,
Peter

#3 Rykheer

Rykheer

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:47 PM

I've used e-sword for the best part of the past decade and believe it to be an especially blessed endeavour. It remains my favourite tool for digitally reading and researching the bible. It is even more precious to me because it allows me to read the word of God in my own language (Afrikaans). With the growth of the mobile industry, I truly hope that the e-sword effort and its team will expand and prosper further to bring the gospel to even more people more readily through these new technologies and devices. Hoping to, see this on my ipad somewhere in the future. May God bless you!

- Anton

#4 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:09 AM

Someone might be able to recommend a good program for IPAD.

"Good" depends upon how the user defines it. What the user is looking for.

I'm currently testing out (on an iPhone):
  • PocketBible (Laridian);
  • Logos Bible (Logos);
  • BibleReader (Olive Tree);
  • PocketSword (The Sword Project);
They all have their virtues. They all have their vices.
  • Logos Bible and BibleReader are the only two that can complete all five parts of the SBL Bible Software Shootout;
  • PocketSword is the only one that users can rewrite, to suit their specific requirements;
jonathon

#5 Fireandsalt

Fireandsalt

e-Sword Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:56 AM

One of the best for ipad in my opinion is Accordance. It started as one of the original native Mac bible study programs and is best known for it's speed and depth, especially in the area of original language studies.

#6 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:41 AM

"Good" depends upon how the user defines it. What the user is looking for.

I'm currently testing out (on an iPhone):

• PocketBible (Laridian);
  • Logos Bible (Logos);
  • BibleReader (Olive Tree);
  • PocketSword (The Sword Project);
They all have their virtues. They all have their vices.
  • Logos Bible and BibleReader are the only two that can complete all five parts of the SBL Bible Software Shootout;
  • PocketSword is the only one that users can rewrite, to suit their specific requirements;
jonathon

I looked at PocketBible or Laridian this morning. I had never visited their site before. What looks nice about it is that if you purchase the material you can use it on multiple platforms. They have some good premium material. It appears they offer more premium resources than e Sword at first glance including more in depth works like Expositor's Bible Commentary.

They offer very little free material. I have not used their software yet for PC or android. Android does not appear in the market, but it looks like you can get it online.

#7 Josh Wibberley

Josh Wibberley

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:17 AM

FWIW, another option (if you have a data plan) is to use some sort of remote desktop software like GoToMyPC that runs on an iPad and so access your desktop which is running e-Sword.

#8 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 20 August 2022 - 09:50 PM

e-Sword HD for iPad version 1.0 was released in October 2012 by Rick Meyers, the developer.

Just as a reminder e-Sword is now available on five different platforms: Windows, Android, e-Sword X for the MAC, e-Sword HD for the iPad, and e-Sword LT for the iPhone. Each platform has its own version of e-Sword and in order to use and enjoy all of the features of e-Sword you should have the newest version installed on your device.

For further details of access to the Bible in Afrikaans, please refer to the Review for http://www.biblesupport.com/e-sword-downloads/file/2580-afrikaans-ou-vertaling-aov/
as provided 2022-08-21 by Olaf Bacon, for details about the Afrikaans (1953) Bible, as provided by the South African Bible Society for e-Sword. 

E-Sword is developed by Rick Meyers, mailto:rick@e-sword.net

Access to the various versions of e-Sword is available from https://www.e-sword.net

Edited by Olaf Bacon, 03 March 2023 - 11:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users