Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Editor Overwrite Issue--Ver. 10.0.x

6 replies to this topic

#1 Jim Thompson_9385

Jim Thompson_9385

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:45 PM

At odd moments the text editor jumped into Overwrite mode, requiring restart to reset it to normal. A workaround is to activate Replace(Ctrl. + F4), then cancel the Replace dialog box, thus resetting the Overwrite condition back to normal.

At first I thought it was exclusively an interaction issue between WordWeb and e-Sword Editor, but today Overwrite activated after waking up the system from Sleep mode.

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:48 PM

Hi

What is overwrite mode, or how are you defining that?

#3 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:10 AM

Just toggle the setting by pressing "Insert" on the keyboard

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:35 AM

What is overwrite mode, or how are you defining that?

Hi Josh,
Its overwriting text as a result of pressing the Insert key on the keyboard. To stop overwriting text one just needs to press the insert key on the keyboard. Most, if not all Word Processors and Text Editors allow for that function.

Blessings,
Autograph.png
X (formerly Twitter)

#5 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:06 AM

Hi Josh,
Its overwriting text as a result of pressing the Insert key on the keyboard. To stop overwriting text one just needs to press the insert key on the keyboard. Most, if not all Word Processors and Text Editors allow for that function.

Blessings,

Yeah, that's what Insert mode means to us but I'm not sure that's what the original poster is talking about. On my PC, Ctrl-F4 doesn't stop Insert mode, as defined by us. So I was trying to understand what he defined Insert mode as.

#6 Brett Scully

Brett Scully

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:24 PM

I have been having the same problem with my esword, and like the gentleman before I thought the problem was caused by WordWeb. I uninstalled WordWeb and the problem still arises from time to time. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing to cause it. And thanks for the "insert" key fix that takes care of it right away. Twice before I gave up trying to fix it and completely uninstalled and reinstalled esword to get it to quit overwriting.

#7 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:58 PM

I have been having the same problem with my esword, and like the gentleman before I thought the problem was caused by WordWeb. I uninstalled WordWeb and the problem still arises from time to time. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing to cause it. And thanks for the "insert" key fix that takes care of it right away. Twice before I gave up trying to fix it and completely uninstalled and reinstalled esword to get it to quit overwriting.

Pressing the Insert key on a PC keyboard toggles between inserting new characters before existing characters or overwriting characters existing characters.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users