Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Make Audio Module

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#11 Raymond Barone

Raymond Barone

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

My Bible Files are arranged very similarly to how the KJVAudio ones are.
I have a folder with all the books of the Bible as the folder names in it.
Under each book of the Bible folder I have each chapter of that book in mp3 format.

If they have the exact folder names and file names as the KJV audio (or you can make them so), it should be easy to use a regular expression find and replace to take a copy of the kjv audio cmtx module and convert it into your new files. You would just replace the path of the folder that contains them.

#12 Raymond Barone

Raymond Barone

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:52 AM

UPDATE:
I have solved the problem of ToolTip not being able to open a newly created RTF file.
I had it buried too deep in folders.
When I copied it to the desktop and opened it in ToolTip, it opened fine.

I still can't figure out how to do links in ToolTip so that I can make an audio Bible that I have
or make a module that will play worship songs.
Nothing in the documentation explains how to do that.
I have asked Josh about this but so far haven't heard anything back.
I am wondering if this is something that is not easily done.

I can see "link" under "insert" in tooltip nt
You might want to try it

#13 bbacle

bbacle

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:56 AM

I can see "link" under "insert" in tooltip nt
You might want to try it

Thanks Raymond, but I have tried that several times without success.
I was able to finally make a test.cmtx file and have it show up in eSword, but there are no links to play the file in eSword.

#14 bbacle

bbacle

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:59 AM

If they have the exact folder names and file names as the KJV audio (or you can make them so), it should be easy to use a regular expression find and replace to take a copy of the kjv audio cmtx module and convert it into your new files. You would just replace the path of the folder that contains them.

Yes, that is what I thought too until I opened the file in a SQLite program.
The paths seem to be very long, like they were created in an RTF file and then using a SQLite program to make the file.
I can't figure out how to make an RTF file like they did originally so it will work.
This has become very frustrating.
Will have to do some more research on the matter.

If Josh is reading these, I would appreciate his input on the matter as well.
Thanks.

#15 Raymond Barone

Raymond Barone

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:58 AM

Can you make them the same folder structure, folder names and file names?
If so, I can tell you how to replace the path of the folder that contains the audio files.

#16 Raymond Barone

Raymond Barone

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:02 AM

Otherwise, you can send me the filenames with folder names to see if I can modify my program to work with them.

Open cmd, use cd to change directory to the one that contains the audio files and then use this command:

dir/s > anyfilename.txt

You'll find in the same directory a file created with the name you specify containing folder and file names. You can send it to me.

Edited by Raymond Barone, 18 April 2012 - 09:02 AM.

#17 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

To make a link to an audio file in T4, Right click, select, Insert Link. Enter the link text. Select the "external" hyperlink, enter something similar to the following but with your appropriate path information:
file:\\C:\Users\Public\Audio\Bible NKJV\40_Matt_Chapter_01.mp3
Click OK

BH

Edited by BH., 18 April 2012 - 12:42 PM.

#18 Abe

Abe

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

I also am interested in making an MP3 module for esword as I have the New Testament in Greek MP3 and also the New Testament in Hebrew MP3. I like to listen to these as I follow along in the KJV Bible in e-sword. Now what I am doing is substituting the folder with the Greek or Hebrew MP3's for the folder that holds the KJV MP3 audio files by renaming the folders. Then when I click to listen to a chapter in the KJV it plays the Hebrew or Greek chapter instead (All books of the Bible and all chapters must be named exactly the same as they are in the KJV audio). But then I have to go back and rename the folders depending on which language I am wanting to listen to which is a hassle.

Abe

#19 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:36 PM

One more very important issue when making hyperlinks with T4 and CMTX/DCTX/DEVX files in e-Sword v10.1, you much set the "version" to 3 in T4 with this directive:
#define version=3

Specifying version 3, causes e-Sword to load a different RTF display engine (the same one used with TOPX/NOTX files) which supports hyperlinks. If The version is not 3, then you will not get hyperlinks displayed.

Edited by BH., 18 April 2012 - 01:36 PM.

#20 bbacle

bbacle

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

One more very important issue when making hyperlinks with T4 and CMTX/DCTX/DEVX files in e-Sword v10.1, you much set the "version" to 3 in T4 with this directive:
#define version=3

Specifying version 3, causes e-Sword to load a different RTF display engine (the same one used with TOPX/NOTX files) which supports hyperlinks. If The version is not 3, then you will not get hyperlinks displayed.

Really???
That is a new one.

OK...I have tried the suggestions of changing it to version 3.
I have right clicked and selected Insert, Link and put the link to my MP3 in.
I have made this into a CMTX file and placed it into eSword.
It shows up under the Commentaries, but when I click it, nothing is showing up.
No text, no links...nothing.

Something interesting that I found out by opening up the KJVAudio and the HEBAudio .cmtx files is that they have version = 2.

Edited by bbacle, 18 April 2012 - 02:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users