Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

I have mysword zip file now but..

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 celebratejesus

celebratejesus

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

I don't know what to do next. I have it on my laptop and need to get it to my Nook Color Tablet. Josh said that he believed mysword would work on the Nook.

So, first I need to unzip it which I can handle but from there I am stumped. I don't have what they are calling a mysword folder? I actually uploaded the file to my Nook but it won't open a zip, shoulda known that. I have Adobe digital Editions which I thought I could open mysword in that(well, the Dave Guzik commentary zip file that is)

I am missing something but I am not really with it today, been way down in the dumps and so want to get all setup with my Nook but if someone could help I would sure appreciate it, Denise, a sister in Christ

"I wouldn't be caught dead without Jesus as my Saviour" Anonymous

John 14:6

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me"

#2 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

Denise,
The MySword zip file will not work unless you have the MySword program first installed on your tablet. This program can be downloaded from www.mysword.info or from the google play app market. I am not sure if MySword will work on your Nook. You can try downloading the app and installing it by finding the apk file and touching it to find out. The easier way to install MySword is through the android app market if you have access.
Blessings,
Peter

#3 Fireandsalt

Fireandsalt

e-Sword Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

Denise,
I think you're stuck. Nook pushed out a firmware update that closed the ability to install third party apps including mySword. So, unless the mySword app gets into the official list of Nook apps, you won't be able to load mySword. You could get Olivetree's Bible Reader as it is in the Nook Store for free. Or, if you are feeling adventurous and would like to void your warranty, you could root your Nook. Not recommended at all, but it will allow you to load the standard android operating system with access to google play, android market as well as the ability to side load 3rd party apps such as mySword.
Blessings,
Ryan

#4 celebratejesus

celebratejesus

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:04 PM

Hey thanks for your time Ryan:) I do have Olive Tree and I am actually starting to enjoy reading Matthew Henry;) I sure appreciate the note though. I'm not tekkie enough to do too much to the Nook, I'll get by for now;) God bless, a sister in Christ, denise

Denise,
I think you're stuck. Nook pushed out a firmware update that closed the ability to install third party apps including mySword. So, unless the mySword app gets into the official list of Nook apps, you won't be able to load mySword. You could get Olivetree's Bible Reader as it is in the Nook Store for free. Or, if you are feeling adventurous and would like to void your warranty, you could root your Nook. Not recommended at all, but it will allow you to load the standard android operating system with access to google play, android market as well as the ability to side load 3rd party apps such as mySword.
Blessings,
Ryan

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me"

#5 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:08 AM

Nook pushed out a firmware update that closed the ability to install third party apps including mySword. , if you are feeling adventurous and would like to void your warranty, you could root your Nook. Not recommended at all,

When the Nook was first released, B&N employees either showed people how to root it, or else rooted it for the customer. This was done in the store, usually after the customer had purchased the device.

If you have no technical expertise, go to your local mall that specializes in used cell phones. It is not uncommon for those vendors to offer Android rooting for specific devices for between US$10.00 and US$25.00.

jonathon

#6 celebratejesus

celebratejesus

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

thank you much Jonathon. I'm not too focused on making changes to it right now since school has started again but eventually, this info may help, thank you again, Denise, a sister in Christ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users