Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Joseph Parker - The People's Bible

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Josh H

Josh H

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationLancaster, Ca

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

Has anyone thought of making Joseph Parker's set called "The People's Bible" into an e-sword module?

Warren Wiersbe said of Joseph Parker: "If I were in London on the Lord's Day and had already heard Spurgeon preach, I would hasten to the City Temple and there sit at the feet of Joseph Parker, whose congregations were second in size only to those of Spurgeon."

Here's a link to the text...http://web.me.com/aoyama334/Site/Joseph_Parker.html

Either way, I've been so blessed by this website, thanks for your hard work!

Josh

Edited by ccjosh, 27 March 2012 - 03:27 PM.

#2 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

hi
what type of module would you like The People's Bible to be?

it does not look like a bible.
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#3 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:16 PM

It's a 25 volume commentary written by a preacher. Maybe 15,000 total pages or so. Content seems "preachable".

#4 Josh H

Josh H

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationLancaster, Ca

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

Yes, sorry a .cmtx module would be very nice!

#5 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:19 PM

25 Vol's from PDF That's a nice size project

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#6 Vaughn

Vaughn

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationKaufman, Texas

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:19 AM

Dsaw! Really? Come on, I know that is a large amount of material, but I know that there are people that are modules makers that are turning out what would equate to a volume a day in modules. David Cox is turning out all kinds of stuff for the Word, (I get his tweets and the man is a turning out at least 4 modules a day it seems.) So some of our people should be able to handle this. I am going to try my hand at making once I get moved to a new home.
Grace and Peace,
Your fellow Swordsman,
Vaughn R. Jacobs

#7 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:37 AM

I could have it done today, but I care about quality. :) Pasting raw text from archive.org or from an OCR of a mechanically scanned pdf (same issue) is relatively easy. It just r<ad$ l[k8 this: full of typo's and misspellings sometimes to the point of not being readable, has the page numbers and headers mixed in, any Greek or Hebrew words are garbled, verses aren't recognized because they're in roman numeral format, strings of verses may not be recognized because of the formatting delimiter used in the old text,etc.

The most time consuming part of module making is cleaning the text so that the format is consistent, professional and as typo-free as possible. This would be a large project. Not that it shouldn't be done, or won't be done--just that we have a guy working hard now to clean up "pump and dump" modules of the past. I'd hate to make more messes for our guys to clean up. :)

#8 Vaughn

Vaughn

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationKaufman, Texas

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:47 AM

Josh,

Be assured that in no way do I condone or believe in the "pump and dump" modules. I just know that we have people that have made module here that can turn out very good modules very quickly. And with a little patients, this could be an awesome resource for all. I am going to print out your guide to making when i get moved and do some simple personal modules and then see if I can met the standards of some of those that are providing some of these wonderful new modules. Then I may attempt some of the resources that have been asked for since I can remember. I just pray that I am able to met the standard.
Grace and Peace,
Your fellow Swordsman,
Vaughn R. Jacobs

#9 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:02 AM

Josh,

Be assured that in no way do I condone or believe in the "pump and dump" modules. I just know that we have people that have made module here that can turn out very good modules very quickly. And with a little patients, this could be an awesome resource for all. I am going to print out your guide to making when i get moved and do some simple personal modules and then see if I can met the standards of some of those that are providing some of these wonderful new modules. Then I may attempt some of the resources that have been asked for since I can remember. I just pray that I am able to met the standard.

If you begin with clean text, module making is easy. I'd recommend a few small projects first. Then ease into a tool that allows you to manipulate large amounts of text, like Microsoft Word or Python, probably MS Word for you. For example, James Rice (Cato) has taken to MS Word like a fish in water. He "sees the light" on how you can make a large project small with MS Word's search features. Others have "specialized" more so, like Cobb does a lot of Bible modules because he has that down to a science, where as I've never made a Bible module.

#10 Vaughn

Vaughn

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationKaufman, Texas

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:05 AM

Thanks, Josh. Well back to packing this house up! I love to take my breaks here and see what is going on!
Grace and Peace,
Your fellow Swordsman,
Vaughn R. Jacobs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users