Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

MySword 3.0 Released Including Deluxe Tablet Edition

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:13 PM

To celebrate the 1 year anniversary of the release of MySword 1.0, MySword 3.0 was released today!

There many new exiting features:
http://www.mysword.i...id-3-0-released

There is now a deluxe tablet version that has multiple windows. (You can configure how many windows you want). You can put any module type in each window. You can have multiple Bible views. You can have one Bible view, one dictionary view, one commentary view, ect... You can select 1X2, 2X2, 1X3, all the way up to 3X3 (for a total of 6 possible windows). Each window can have any module type you would like.

On my 7 inch tablet, 2 or 3 Windows is great. On a 10" tablet I am sure you could have even more and it will work well. I love having a Bible on one side and my teaching notes on the other with the verse links in my teaching notes. I have been using beta versions to teach from for a couple of months now. It is easy to convert your e sword or theWord topic book file into a journal file to take advantage of this.

The deluxe tablet edition does require a minimum donation. Please use the "contact us" link to contact the MySword developers directly if you have a tablet and you are interested in finding out the specifics. Please do not post any amounts here.
http://www.mysword.info/contact-us

Other features I like include:
1. The mysword folder has been reorganized to have sub folders by module type. It will now be easier to use cloud backup services to syncronize your MySword folder. See the above link for more details.
2. You can now disable auto-rotate if you would like and fix either portrait or landscape
3. You can change button size if you want them bigger for tablets
4. Search screen improvements for the Deluxe tablet version
5. Notes editor improvements with a split screen so you can still see the Bible on one side while you are taking notes on a verse (Deluxe tablet edition only). I uses this in church today!

There are many other new features in the link above. Check it out. Please keep in mind that some of them are only available in the Deluxe tablet edition. There is still also a premium edition that required a smaller donation.

The free version is still free as always.

Blessings,
Peter

#2 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

How do you open another window. Could not find instructions on their site and too dense to figure it out :-)

#3 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:11 PM

How do you open another window. Could not find instructions on their site and too dense to figure it out :-)

If you have upgraded to the Deluxe tablet version there should be a little icon that shows two windows on the bottom of the screen when MySword is open. If you hit this icon you will get a list of options as to how many windows you want to have. You can change this at any time.

I hope that helps.

Blessings,
Peter

#4 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

Interesting, I have premium version and it does not appear I get the deluxe features. Seems like a money maker feature to me :-(

#5 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:50 PM

Exscentric,

The MySword developers have significant expenses to bring us this app for android. They do not sell any copyright works. This is the method they have chosen to help to cover the costs.

The base software is still free and all of the content available is free. The deluxe tablet edition is a gift for those who like MySword enough to want to make a significant contribution to its development.

I hope that helps explain things.

Blessings,
Peter

#6 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

I emailed them and from what they said giving in the beginning got you the Premium with the Journal. If you now want the multiple windows you must give again to get the Deluxe version. From their explanation you can not have both the Journal and the multiple windows though I emailed to get clarification.

Below is their listing:

1. The Premium Version is designed for cellphone devices but can run on any Android tablet device. It highlights the Journal.

2. The Deluxe Tablet Edition highlights split screen (multiwindows) and synchronized views.. It is our complimentary gift for the following donors:

moderator note: had to edit the amounts as MySword does not want them published
----
Just got their reply: "Premium version highlights the Journal." thus evidently you can't have both.

Edited by pfpeller, 19 March 2012 - 02:48 PM.

#7 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

Exscentric,
I believe that the tablet edition should also include all the features of the premium, but you should wait for note from them for clarification.
Blessings,
Peter

#8 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:13 PM

Does your version have the journal? If so, then what you say is true but they had two chances to clarify and they didn't in my mind though I am a little thick at times :-)

#9 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

Does your version have the journal? If so, then what you say is true but they had two chances to clarify and they didn't in my mind though I am a little thick at times :-)

The journal is there on the tablet edition. All the books are also there to read through the journal.

Is there a particular feature of the journal you would like me to test?

Blessings,
Peter

#10 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:21 PM

No, just trying to clairfy what they didn't :-) Evidenlly there is no reason to have the Premium if you have the deluxe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users