Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

MirrorWord Bible

22 replies to this topic

#21 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:21 PM

I have extensive knowledge of this translation and have even spoken with the author. He is a universalist and an antinomian. The translation twists scripture and paraphrases it through these lenses. He redefines "sin" "hell" "salvation" "wrath" "atonement" and a myriad of other terms to fit his interpretation of scripture. I have seen many Christians led astray by this book and would encourage everyone to avoid its use. I am a student of Greek and this man twists terms eloquently, feeding off the ignorance of his readers to the "original" language. Do not read this book!

Can you give some specifics?

I concure with Brad, as information like that is really important. Moreover, I believe that transperancy is also important, and therefore by you giving textual examples shows what you claim as true.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#22 jediry

jediry

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:18 AM

ChristinMe1 is correct, so far as I can see. They use this "translation" at my sister-in-law's universalist church (Port Orchard Nazarene in WA), and I've seen a number of verses from it hanging from the walls there. Every one of them is twisted to some degree. For all the website's claims to have closely studied "the detailed shades of every Greek word", the MWB so egregiously departs from the straightforward meaning of the text that I think it's fair to call it "outright deceptive". Unfortunately, I don't own a copy, so I can't produce many examples. But fortunately, the author of Mirror Word has done us the favor of posting his mistranslation of John 3:16 on a related website, www.mirrorword.net. See if you can find anything even remotely resembling "whosoever believes in him" in his mangling of this famous summary of the gospel: 

"The entire cosmos is the object of God’s affection! And he is not about to abandon his creation – the gift of his son is for humanity to realize their origin in him who mirrors their authentic birth – begotten not of flesh but of the Father! In this persuasion the life of the ages echoes within the individual and announces that the days of regret and sense of lost-ness are over!" 

#23 godse7777

godse7777

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:31 AM

hi every one, i need this bible , can any one please give me mirror bible app (ios) or please convert in to e sword .

waiting.

thanks

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users