Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

MirrorWord Bible

22 replies to this topic

#11 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:15 AM

this is from there site

The launch of the Mirror Bible

Our aim is that every person alive would have a copy of the Mirror Bible available in their own language! To date we made it available free of charge, but knew that to reach the world it will require funds and the involvement of as many other organisations as possible. This is now quickly becoming a growing reality!

The Mirror Bible has now finally been launched and published in book and e-book format. We are connecting with partners all over the world to help with distribution, translation and supporting the cause. We will keep this site and www.mirrorfriends.com updated as progress is made. Our purpose is to raise enough funds from sales and donations to reach those who cannot afford it. We see this publication as a tremendous key to unveil the truth and glory that has been hidden from man. If you would like to partner with us, please contact us at info@mirrorword.net / dawieblake@gmail.com. We would also like to sincerely thank all of you for your support and love over the many years we have walked this road - may our relationship continue to grow and be a fragrance of Him we love with all our hearts!

Edited by DSaw, 23 November 2013 - 10:15 AM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#12 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:35 PM

Hi

sounds good for bible support to help out.
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#13 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

Got a reply.  They were trying to get it worked out with Rick to make it an "official" e-Sword module, but apparently Rick isn't interested in doing so.  I'll be writing back to inform them of BibleSupport's status as the "official unofficial" e-Sword module website.

-Brad

#14 frorsdets

frorsdets

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:35 AM

I am sorry, that has interfered... This situation is familiar To me. I invite to discussion. Write here or in PM. а

#15 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:04 AM

They are charging for this bible

So I don't see them allowing it in e-Sword especially after Rick refused them

Edited by DSaw, 05 December 2013 - 07:04 AM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#16 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:49 AM

According to what I was told by them, they have someone that is trying to make their Bible into a free app, so free for e-Sword isn't out of the question yet.  I'm awaiting their reply.

#17 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:39 AM

Here's the email I received from them today:

Thanks for your mail! We must definitely keep in this in mind... At present though the Mirror is Francois' only source of income for him and family of four... and it takes him many many hours.... and he is constantly giving out funds... so when we're at a place where we can make it freely available, we'll do so! In the meantime, the Mirror will soon be on iPhones and Android - probably next 3 or 4 weeks :-)  We'll add things like parallel bibles and Strong's concordances etc....

Sorry though that it is not free ... yet !!

#18 ChristInMe1

ChristInMe1

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 11:57 PM

I have extensive knowledge of this translation and have even spoken with the author. He is a universalist and an antinomian. The translation twists scripture and paraphrases it through these lenses. He redefines "sin" "hell" "salvation" "wrath" "atonement" and a myriad of other terms to fit his interpretation of scripture. I have seen many Christians led astray by this book and would encourage everyone to avoid its use. I am a student of Greek and this man twists terms eloquently, feeding off the ignorance of his readers to the "original" language. Do not read this book!

#19 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:34 AM

Can you give some specifics?

#20 MJ_

MJ_

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationCyberspace

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:00 AM

I have extensive knowledge of this translation and have even spoken with the author. He is a universalist and an antinomian. The translation twists scripture and paraphrases it through these lenses. He redefines "sin" "hell" "salvation" "wrath" "atonement" and a myriad of other terms to fit his interpretation of scripture. I have seen many Christians led astray by this book and would encourage everyone to avoid its use. I am a student of Greek and this man twists terms eloquently, feeding off the ignorance of his readers to the "original" language. Do not read this book!

It sounds like a bad thing the way you've described it there. Probably good advice. I include some translations similar to this to view in parallel with the most trusted translations. Only as reference .  One needs to be really grounded, before deviating too far from KJV or RSV or perhaps AMP, in my view.

Mj

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users