Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Eidting the custom dictiionary

2 replies to this topic

#1 MJ_

MJ_

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationCyberspace

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:17 AM

I have made several errors clicking on the add button during the spell check and therefore added some words that I would rather not have in custom dictionary file. Does esword provide an option to edit the file? I could not find the option.

Any help apprecatied.

Mj

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:42 PM

I have made several errors clicking on the add button during the spell check and therefore added some words that I would rather not have in custom dictionary file. Does esword provide an option to edit the file? I could not find the option.

Any help appreciated.

Hi Michel,
Well. mate, you certainly done a doozy there. But it actually is fixable.

The great thing is that the custom.dic file is editable. All you need to do just go to C:\Program Files\(xx)e-Sword (XP and below, C:\Program Files\e-Sword) and double click on the custom.dic file, and it will open in Windows Note Pad. From there you can add, delete, change words in that file. Save it and then exit Note Pad, and from there, hopefully, you should be a happy camper.

Blessings,
Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 07 March 2012 - 02:47 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#3 MJ_

MJ_

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationCyberspace

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:29 AM

Thank you for your help sir. I was able to open that file previously but was leary of changing anything. I was not sure of the file format, whether or not there was any special hidden characters or file markers that I would be messing with that might render the file useless.
With the instruction that you have provided I'm sure I will be a very happy camper..

I like the addition of your autograph file that you have added to your message very nice personal touch. The verse reference is also inspiring but I was unable to read your name. Are you a doctor by any chance? :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users