Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Pads with Andriod

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Vtwinfant

Vtwinfant

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:05 AM

Josh,
I just purchased the Samsung Galaxy 7" Tablet (Verizon model), and am very impressed with it thus far as an eReader. I can't claim to have much experience with eReaders per se, but various MIDs used for that task. The Galaxy's screen is very sharp and clear, and I love the portability of it as opposed to the iPad2 I am now typing on.

The touchscreen doesn't feel quite as responsive as my iPad's though, but this is a very minor point, if at all. I knew in advance, that 50 year old eyes would require higher screen resolution, which many gear reviews praised about the Galaxy, with which I now concur. I don't think I could cope with anything smaller than a 7" display.

The build quality is superior, and value is hard to beat, (if even possible). My TV's are Samsung, and I have no regrets on making those choices. Battery life is around 8 hours, and Samsung allows the user to adjust multiple attributes for the display and other features that use power unnecessarily. I love the fact that it has a memory card slot and bluetooth as well.

As for the 3G capability, I don't believe I'll ever activate it. In fact I was shopping for the WiFi version exclusively, when I ran across the deal: $234.00 at Tech4less.com (no, I'm not affiliated with them in any way!) for a NO contract Verizon model. (apparently the WiFi only model has neutered specifications that some owners complain about).

I ALMOST made the mistake of activating the phone (costs money), when a user forum saved the day, and explained how to circumvent this unnecessary step if one only wishes to use WiFi.

Speaking of user forums, I am REALLY grateful for the excellent, sacrificial ministry work that all you guys have done in making these modules available to the brethren! I have been trying to express my thanks in a material manner, ....is there a way to donate using my
CC without using Paypal? If not I'll reestablish my Paypal activities.

#22 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:55 PM

A mySword on android question.

I currently have 2 devices. One is a smart phone (ZTE Warp) and a Toshiba Thrive.
I have tried mySword on each device.

The Thrive tablet runs mySword well, but always fails in downloading any modules (from the programs module section).
It always errors out after just a few percent. I can download the module with a browser, copy the file to the mySword directory and get things to work that way, but not from within mySword.

The phone app also fails in downloading modules. They however get to 100% status then mySword says the download has failed.
I can not use the same routine I use on my tablet. When I do mySword says the file is incomplete.

Anyone else run into this issue? What am I missing? In each case I am using the latest version (release) of mySword.

Thanks in advance.... and a big THANK YOU!!! to all those who make these modules and programs. May God richly bless you for all the work you are doing.

Roy

#23 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:56 PM

Roy,
I have never had any of the above problems so I cannot really help. You might try the contact us at www.mysword.info. See the link below:
http://www.mysword.info/contact-us

It seems I remember them telling me that people were having problems with one kind of phone. I cannot recall if the ZTE was it. The one thing about android is that it is open source and manufacturers "tweak" it.

I am not sure about your downloads to your tablet. I have one table and it works fine. I also just bought my boys a different type of tablet (Vizio form Costco) and they work fine as well. Do you have a good internet connection?

Blessings,
Peter

#24 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:40 PM

Peter,

Thank you for your reply.

I just sent an email to the mysword developers as you suggested.

As for may connection, it is solid. I am just a couple feet from the wifi access point and have all bars showing.
I don't know about the phone but I believe I remember hearing/reading that Toshiba did not mess with the Android OS but went plain vanilla.

I'll repost any response I get from mysword on this in case some one else has the same issues.

Roy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users