Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Pads with Andriod

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 iloveHIM

iloveHIM

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationDongducheon, South Korea

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:18 PM

How much memory would one need on their pad to use MySword? I was looking to a Pad (not sure what brand and/or model to get, yet) so I can download MySword. I use to have on my cellphone, but now I am older so I need something bigger to read it. Thanks!

#2 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:39 PM

MySword itself uses very little memory. The modules are stored on the micro SD card. The modules are what takes up memory. The memory required for your SD card will depend on how many add on modules you want and which ones you want. Some of them are pretty large, like the pulpit commentary for example. I may have more MySword modules than anyone on my phone and I am using less than 2 GB currently. I plan on upgrading my 4 GB SD card to an 8 GB soon.

I do not use my phone for much else besides Kindle and MySword or biblesupport.com :). If you plan on using the PAD for other things like photos and video, I would get an even bigger SD card.

#3 iloveHIM

iloveHIM

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:57 PM

How much memory would one need on their pad to use MySword? I was looking to a Pad (not sure what brand and/or model to get, yet) so I can download MySword. I use to have on my cellphone, but now I am older so I need something bigger to read it. Thanks!

#4 iloveHIM

iloveHIM

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:59 PM

Thanks for your guidance. I have changed to normal cell phone. I am currently using my Kindle which I would need to purchase Bible, commentaries, bible dictionaries, etc. I don't suppose MySword work on Kindle?? Oh well.

#5 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:46 PM

No, mysword does not work on kindle, nor any of the other dedicated readers. It does however work on a couple of units that I have. The Pandigital Novel (white one) runs it and the Entourage Pocket Edge runs it nicely. There are quite a few Kindle works for free if you have time to snoop for them.

Go to Kindle books and pick the religious genre and at the top ask to sort from low to high priced, it will list a ton of free books at the top of the list. I went through 60 pages of fiction the other day.

Kindle would not be a choice with me for commentaries/Bibles, but if that is all you have it would work.

There are a number of nice tablets out right now in the 300 dollar range if you want a tablet. The older models are selling out in the 100+ area.

#6 iloveHIM

iloveHIM

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:04 AM

No, mysword does not work on kindle, nor any of the other dedicated readers. It does however work on a couple of units that I have. The Pandigital Novel (white one) runs it and the Entourage Pocket Edge runs it nicely. There are quite a few Kindle works for free if you have time to snoop for them.

Go to Kindle books and pick the religious genre and at the top ask to sort from low to high priced, it will list a ton of free books at the top of the list. I went through 60 pages of fiction the other day.

Kindle would not be a choice with me for commentaries/Bibles, but if that is all you have it would work.

There are a number of nice tablets out right now in the 300 dollar range if you want a tablet. The older models are selling out in the 100+ area.

#7 iloveHIM

iloveHIM

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:06 AM

It is tempting. I look it up in the Amazon and wow nice price and something to dedicate just for MySword along with the rest to study GOD Words while on the road.

#8 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:08 AM

It is tempting. I look it up in the Amazon and wow nice price and something to dedicate just for MySword along with the rest to study GOD Words while on the road.

Just downloaded latest mysword and it won't work on the pandigital due to the OS requirements now listed. :-(

#9 iloveHIM

iloveHIM

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:48 PM

Just downloaded latest mysword and it won't work on the pandigital due to the OS requirements now listed. :-(

#10 iloveHIM

iloveHIM

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:49 PM

I was afraid that would happen. The Pandigital has Andriod 1.6 (own version). Oh well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users