Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Incorrect Directory

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Justin

Justin

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:42 PM

At least for this file: AW Pink: It is finished/ and perhaps others, the executable zip tries to put the files in a nonsense directory /ProgramFilesYourProgramName, I believe, like that was not changed in a template. For inexperienced users, this might be even worse than having no automatic extraction at all.
"The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life and he that winneth souls is wise." - Proverbs 11:30

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 18 June 2011 - 02:34 PM

At least for this file: AW Pink: It is finished/ and perhaps others, the executable zip tries to put the files in a nonsense directory /ProgramFilesYourProgramName, I believe, like that was not changed in a template. For inexperienced users, this might be even worse than having no automatic extraction at all.

What operating system are you using? The link above to AW Pink seems to work on Windows 7 64bit, WIndows Vista 32bit, and Windows XP 32bit...

The installer assumes the default install location of c:\program files\e-sword or c:\program files (x86)\e-sword

#3 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:19 PM

Now that I think about it, your the same guy who had trouble running MEd,Commentary Creator? Even though it seems to work for other people. (I can't help you with that program because I didn't write it).

So now my curiosity is peaked: I really would like to know more about your setup, what version of windows your running? Go to Start menu, Control Panel, System and post what is says there about your configuration?

Josh

#4 Justin

Justin

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:39 AM

Now that I think about it, your the same guy who had trouble running MEd,Commentary Creator? Even though it seems to work for other people. (I can't help you with that program because I didn't write it).

So now my curiosity is peaked: I really would like to know more about your setup, what version of windows your running? Go to Start menu, Control Panel, System and post what is says there about your configuration?

Josh

I am running a freshly reformatted Windows XPSP3. Today I ran the installer again and the directory was correct. Maybe some critical update just ran? I'm not sure what has changed, but before I had to manually select the directory. I will try and make time to reinstall MEd and see if it works now.

Also, thank you for this all the help. I am actually an applied mathematician with a strong computer science background, and everything seems to behave except E-sword utility programs. That is confusing me.
"The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life and he that winneth souls is wise." - Proverbs 11:30

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users