Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Reference Books (topx) - Bellarmine, St. Robert - The Seven Words on the Cross

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 billhuff2002

billhuff2002

Module Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts
  • LocationFrederick, MD, USA

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:42 PM

File Name: Bellarmine, St. Robert - The Seven Words on the Cross

File Submitter: billhuff2002

File Submitted: 20 Feb 2012

File Category: Reference Books (topx)

Author: Bellarmine, St. Robert
e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x

This Catholic work is arranged in two books, with 12 chapters in the first part, and 24 in the second. Bellarmine examines the phrases and then the individual words in Christ’s sayings.

Bellarmine was Catholic.

Table of Contents

PREFACE

BOOK ONE: ON THE FIRST THREE WORDS SPOKEN ON THE CROSS

CHAPTER I: The literal explanation of the first Word, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.”

CHAPTER II: The first fruit to be drawn from the consideration of the first Word spoken by Christ on the Cross.

CHAPTER III. The second fruit to be drawn from the consideration of the first Word spoken by Christ upon the Cross.

CHAPTER IV: The literal explanation of the second Word, “Amen I say to thee, this day thou shalt be with Me in Paradise.”

CHAPTER V. The first fruit to be drawn from the consideration of the second Word spoken by Christ upon the Cross.

CHAPTER VI: The second fruit to be drawn from the consideration of the second Word spoken by Christ upon the Cross.

CHAPTER VII: The third fruit to be drawn from the consideration of the second Word spoken by Christ upon the Cross.

CHAPTER VIII. The literal explanation of the third Word–”Behold thy Mother: Behold thy Son.”

CHAPTER IX. The first fruit to be drawn from the consideration of the third Word spoken by Christ upon the Cross.

CHAPTER X: The second fruit to be drawn from the consideration of the third Word spoken by Christ upon the Cross.

CHAPTER XI: The third fruit to be drawn from the consideration of the third Word spoken by Christ upon the Cross.

CHAPTER XII: The fourth fruit to be drawn from the consideration of the third Word spoken by Christ upon the Cross.

BOOK II: ON THE LAST FOUR WORDS SPOKEN ON THE CROSS.

CHAPTER I. The literal explanation of the fourth Word, “My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?”

CHAPTER II: The first fruit to be drawn from the consideration of the fourth word spoken by Christ upon the Cross.

CHAPTER III. The second fruit to be drawn from the consideration of the fourth Word spoken by Christ upon the Cross.

CHAPTER IV. The third fruit to be drawn from the consideration of the fourth Word spoken by Christ upon the Cross.

CHAPTER V: The fourth fruit to be drawn from the consideration of the fourth Word spoken by Christ upon the Cross.

CHAPTER VI: The fifth fruit to be drawn from the consideration of the fourth Word spoken by Christ upon the Cross.

CHAPTER VII: The literal explanation of the fifth Word, “I thirst.”

CHAPTER VIII: The first fruit to be derived from the consideration of the fifth Word spoken by Christ upon the Cross.

CHAPTER IX: The second fruit to be derived from the consideration of the fifth Word spoken by Christ upon the Cross.

CHAPTER X: The third fruit to be drawn from the consideration of the fifth Word spoken by Christ upon the Cross.

CHAPTER XI: The fourth fruit to be drawn from the consideration of the fifth Word spoken by Christ upon the Cross.

CHAPTER XII: The literal explanation of the sixth Word, “It is consummated.

CHAPTER XIII: The first fruit to be drawn from the consideration of the sixth Word spoken by Christ upon the Cross.

CHAPTER XIV. The second fruit to be drawn from the consideration of the sixth Word spoken by Christ upon the Cross.

CHAPTER XV: The third fruit to be drawn from the consideration of the sixth Word spoken by Christ upon the Cross.

CHAPTER XVI: The fourth fruit to be drawn from the consideration of the sixth Word spoken by Christ upon the Cross.

CHAPTER XVII: The fifth fruit to be drawn from the consideration of the sixth Word spoken by Christ upon the Cross.

CHAPTER XVIII: The sixth fruit to be drawn from the consideration of the sixth Word spoken by Christ upon the Cross.

CHAPTER XIX: The literal explanation of the seventh Word, “Father, into Thy hands I commend My Spirit.”

CHAPTER XX: The first fruit to be drawn from the consideration of the seventh Word spoken by Christ upon the Cross.

CHAPTER XXI: The second fruit to be drawn from the consideration of the seventh Word spoken by Christ upon the Cross.

CHAPTER XXII: The third fruit to be drawn from the consideration of the seventh Word spoken by Christ upon the Cross.

CHAPTER XXIII: The fourth fruit to be drawn from the consideration of the seventh Word spoken by Christ upon the Cross.

CHAPTER XXIV: The fifth fruit to be drawn from the consideration of the seventh Word spoken by Christ upon the Cross.

Click here to download this file

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users