Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Having trouble making an Esperanto Bible module

Whole Bible

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

This creates a Bible module for me with no problem. I really think its a filename/permissions issue, since you're trying to write the module to your user documents folder? Tooltip's author, Brent, may be able to shed some light on it.

#12 NormJ

NormJ

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:42 PM

Seeing as how I've tried all your suggestions, including using admin privileges, writing to unprotected folders, even writing to the e-Sword install folder where the .bblx modules, and nothing seems to work for me, I'll just wait and see if Brent can add something that will solve the problem.

Norm

#13 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:55 PM

NormJ, the the error report you posted shows me exactly where the error is being generated. And I have found the reason why! T4 is a follow on program to T3 using the new technology that e-Sword v10 is using. So what? Well, I used a number of utilites from T3 in T4. The one that is failing is one I've used for years in other projects. But the utility itself is not the problem, but the data I am feeding it is the problem. I am feeding it the folder where T3 should be storing its documents and temporary files. I had not updated it to T4. So, if you had T3 installed, you would never have noticed a problem. Arrrgh. This will be fixed in the next update.

Here is a temporary solution: Create a folder with the following name, subtituting your user name for [user name].
"c:\users\[user name]\documents\e-Sword ToolTip"

After creating this folder, try your file again.

BH.

#14 NormJ

NormJ

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:29 PM

Brent,

Thank you, my friend! After I added the folder you suggested (even with no contents), the program worked perfectly! My problem is solved!

Now all I have is one question. Will the program accept unicode? Because I would like to re-do my module using all the correct letters, instead of the "cx", "gx" encoding.

Norm

#15 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:39 PM

Brent,

Thank you, my friend! After I added the folder you suggested (even with no contents), the program worked perfectly! My problem is solved!

Now all I have is one question. Will the program accept unicode? Because I would like to re-do my module using all the correct letters, instead of the "cx", "gx" encoding.

Norm

Try it and let me know how it works.

#16 NormJ

NormJ

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:36 PM

Brent,

It seems to work quite well. In my word processor, I changed all the "x" encodings to the correct supersigned letters and T4 compiled it just fine.

La Sankta Biblio is in the public domain (at least the 1926 translation is), so I will be uploading it as soon as I get it into proper shape.
I also need instructions on how to do that.

Norm

#17 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:41 PM

To upload your module:

Go to the Downloads section and click the Green Upload File Button.

#18 NormJ

NormJ

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:46 PM

Thanks. When I get that far, I will.

Norm

#19 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:11 PM

Will the program accept unicode?

e-Sword will. T4 should.

There aren't any issues with the glyphs used in the standard Esperanto resource for e-Sword that I have.

jonathon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users