Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Error message when saving in Editor Tab

16 replies to this topic

#1 DWray

DWray

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:25 AM

Since having begun to use the new Journal Notes, I am receiving an error message when attempting to save text changes in both the Journal notes as well as the Study notes. The error message occurs in a text box headed, "tx4ole16" and reading, "Unknown format, 1-241f." I have been unsuccessful saving changes under these circumstances. If I acknowledge, "ok," the program closes without changes having been saved. If I "x" the text box, it closes and I am left with an open eSword session and no apparent way to save. Booting the program doesn't seem to help. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dan

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:29 AM

Sounds like a bug and the key is what type of data you were trying to save? No images? Just text? Copying and pasting from somewhere else? Does the same text or copy/paste always trigger this result? The key will be to isolate the cause and be able to reproduce it.

I've seen this error before, though not in e-Sword. I saw it with another program that uses the same third party text control as e-Sword. That error you received is coming from the third party text control that e-Sword now uses.

#3 DWray

DWray

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:41 AM

Wow. Needle in a haystack time for me, maybe. I have been creating MS-WORD text in the editor tab, in both Journal and study notes, interspersing Scripture references with the Scripture tool tip. No images, no tables, just text with some modest variation in fonts, and I've discerned no conspicuous pattern. The first time I noticed it was while on my ministry junket to the Philippines a month ago. I left it alone for a day, noticed the 10.07 update, downloaded it and just presumed the update had corrected the anomaly. Then today, a recurrence. I'm stumped.
Dan

#4 DWray

DWray

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:54 AM

I solved it by reconstructing the last paragraph of my note, it saved fine. Frustrating, though.
Dan

#5 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:58 AM

If you still have the original last paragraph that was causing the problem, send it to me in MS Word format. I will experiment with it to see if I can isolate the bug.

#6 DWray

DWray

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:30 PM

Wow Josh, I appreciate that. I'll see what I can do, may be able to duplicate it. In any case, I'll certainly take you up on it next time it occurs.
Dan
PS - Just cut and paste here? Or send it as an attachment to an email address? DW

#7 DWray

DWray

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:37 PM

...no good, Josh, couldn't duplicate it. I'll take ya' up on it next time, though.
Thanks,
Dan

#8 Walter Hofman

Walter Hofman

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationBurlington, Ontario, Canada

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:32 PM

I'm not nearly as familiar with e-sword as I intend to be VERY shortly. But I have been following the training demos and followed instructions on "creating Study Notes" exactly as demonstrated. I can't get notes to save. No "info" icon appears on "Study" tab and no notes are registered in the notes log. Hmmmm. What to do?
Nothing changes if nothing changes.

#9 DMUrevig

DMUrevig

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:33 AM

I just had the same problem with a topic file I was creating. When trying to save I would get an error message: (Unknown format 1-241f). I started a new topic and copied and pasted the text one paragraph at a time, saving after each new paragraph. It was saved successfully each time. Not a very elegant solution, but it worked. I hope someone can find a better solution. God bless.

#10 rictrician

rictrician

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMountain View Arkansas (USA)

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:16 PM

I got the same error message, I read your responses and started messing with it. I was copying from word to the editor, but some of the paragraphs didnt copy over right. I found that if the paragraph or format of the section did not match with the editor settings it would not save. I fixed the paragraph and was able to save the topx file without any issues. This is my first attempt, but I like to figure things out. Got rid of error message in any case.
Dead in Christ ricky j younger

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users