Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

How to Make e-Sword Modules - ToolTip NT User's Guide - .94 / Revision 2/12/2012

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#91 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 23 February 2016 - 06:04 PM

Bahahaha!! I'll get a junker PC to do this task then trash it... I think we could do this all day  :rolleyes:

I just remembered something, and if your Mac machine is able to do this, or it has this feature, your bacon just might have been saved.

There are versions of Mac desktop computers that have Windows installed on it as well. I guess sort of running through a virtual machine type program. Now if your Mac machine is like that, then hey its a real no brainer. You can use (I think of memory the last time I seen one a couple of years ago) Windows 8 or 8.1. I dunno if there are any out with Windows 10.

Google it up and see if there are any around (brand new ones), and then if your machine isn't able to do that, then maybe you can upgrade your machine to one of those that have that feature, or even still install Windows on your machine via a VM ware of one sort or another.

This was just a thought, and I hope this will really help you out.

One thing I hate is someone stuck in the proverbial mud not able to do things because of OS limitations, irrespective what the OS is.

Click here and have a gand at this page and let me know what you think

Blessings

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 23 February 2016 - 06:10 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#92 Woodyies

Woodyies

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:35 AM

I am not familiar with Windows being already loaded in the Mac OS, I'll look into it. I did borrow a computer and currently have ToolTip NT at my finger tips, now the hard part begins. I have never done this before, so wish me luck.

I had considered Parallels before I borrowed the Windows machine, cheaper to borrow, lol 

#93 Woodyies

Woodyies

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:58 PM

Ok, got a machine and started creating, but wouldn't you know it, I can't get the Paleo Hebrew (PH) font to show up in the .BBLX file. I have tried installing the font into the Font Folder on the C: drive, but no go. I can change the font to PH for all of e-sword, just not the Hebrew only. It seems that e-sword has the Hebrew fonts locked down and one cannot add a type or style. Any ideas? What folder does e-sword look at for the Hebrew font? When one looks at the drop down in any of the fonts, the lists start with the  an @ followed by the name of the font, then moves on to the styles. I have tried installing the PH font in a folder that e-sword is already looking at, but still no go. e-sword sees both ttf and ttc, that is what the PH font is, a ttf, so what gives?

#94 king jimmy777

king jimmy777

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 04:57 AM

THANKS 4 UR HARD WORK TO MAKE E SWORD EVEN MORE AWESOME -ER..

YEH, I HAVE A BUNCH OF TEXT FROM TONGAN LANGUAGE I NEED TO MAKE IT INTO A COMMENTARY -- THESE ARE ALL THE "PREFACES" INFO FOR EACH BOOK AND SINCE IM NO TECH AND NO TYPIST --I WANT TO DO IT EZ WAY AS PSOOBILE...

THERE IS NO TEMPLATE FOR COMMENTARY I THOUGHT TO LOAD ONE INTO THE TOOL TIP AND COPY PASTE THE BOOK INFOS 1BY1 THEN SAVE IT --THAT WAY IF THERE ARE MORE VS BY VERSE NOTES --ALL THOSE WOULD AREADY BE THERE INSTEAD OF MANUALLY PUTTING THE MARK AND VS NUMBER ETC --SHEESH THATS A LOT !!

OTHERWISE SHOULD I PUT A BOOK ABBREV IN ALL THOSE SECTIONS W LIKE A USFM CODE ETC--DONT KNOW WHAT PROG  NEEDS TO RECOGNIZE THAT   LIKE    MT\ GEN   ETC (I'LL LOOK THOSE --BEEN A WHILE --ALREADY DID TONGAN BIBLE ITS ON E SWORD --UPLOADED ON UR SITE --THANKS RICK M !!!

ANYWAY THEN DO THE SAME  FOR EXODUS  MT\ EXO   ETC --THEN WOULD TOOLTIP CONVERT THE RTF ---TO HAVE THOSE BOOK INTROS THEN WITH NUMBERING OF CHAP AND BOOKS W/ BLANK SPACE TO DO A COMMENTARY VS BY VS LATER ??

OR IS THERE A TEMPLATE TO LOAD AND I CAN COPY PAST WHERE I NEED THOSE BOOK INTROS (INFO)

---THANKS TO ADVISE ME !!!!

JAMES B.  

#95 king jimmy777

king jimmy777

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 04:59 AM

THANKS 4 UR HARD WORK TO MAKE E SWORD EVEN MORE AWESOME -ER..

YEH, I HAVE A BUNCH OF TEXT FROM TONGAN LANGUAGE I NEED TO MAKE IT INTO A COMMENTARY -- THESE ARE ALL THE "PREFACES" INFO FOR EACH BOOK AND SINCE IM NO TECH AND NO TYPIST --I WANT TO DO IT EZ WAY AS PSOOBILE...

THERE IS NO TEMPLATE FOR COMMENTARY I THOUGHT TO LOAD ONE INTO THE TOOL TIP AND COPY PASTE THE BOOK INFOS 1BY1 THEN SAVE IT --THAT WAY IF THERE ARE MORE VS BY VERSE NOTES --ALL THOSE WOULD AREADY BE THERE INSTEAD OF MANUALLY PUTTING THE MARK AND VS NUMBER ETC --SHEESH THATS A LOT !!

OTHERWISE SHOULD I PUT A BOOK ABBREV IN ALL THOSE SECTIONS W LIKE A USFM CODE ETC--DONT KNOW WHAT PROG  NEEDS TO RECOGNIZE THAT   LIKE    MT\ GEN   ETC (I'LL LOOK THOSE --BEEN A WHILE --ALREADY DID TONGAN BIBLE ITS ON E SWORD --UPLOADED ON UR SITE --THANKS RICK M !!!

ANYWAY THEN DO THE SAME  FOR EXODUS  MT\ EXO   ETC --THEN WOULD TOOLTIP CONVERT THE RTF ---TO HAVE THOSE BOOK INTROS THEN WITH NUMBERING OF CHAP AND BOOKS W/ BLANK SPACE TO DO A COMMENTARY VS BY VS LATER ??

OR IS THERE A TEMPLATE TO LOAD AND I CAN COPY PAST WHERE I NEED THOSE BOOK INTROS (INFO)

---THANKS TO ADVISE ME !!!!

JAMES B. 

#96 Lisa Laster- Kropp

Lisa Laster- Kropp

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:53 AM

Josh and others, I am interested in being one of those nice people who read through a module for mistakes. I have a Bible minor and Language Arts major. I have a good eye for little mistakes. Contact me any time.

#97 preacherman_1962

preacherman_1962

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCainta, Rizal, Philippines

Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:23 PM

I am doing something wrong. Or, am I? No matter if I add marks, or not, no matter if I use hard breaks or soft, no matter if I label every verse or not, I can only create a Bible Module with only one verse. I am using copy/paste, but it keeps giving me syntax errors.

In His Service,
Marvin R Howard

GBN vs. TBN or CBN: It's a battle between God's Word, and the many fables, completely manufactured in the minds of men, which masquerade as Christianity on the airwaves today.

#98 preacherman_1962

preacherman_1962

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCainta, Rizal, Philippines

Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:55 PM

I am doing something wrong. Or, am I? No matter if I add marks, or not, no matter if I use hard breaks or soft, no matter if I label every verse or not, I can only create a Bible Module with only one verse. I am using copy/paste, but it keeps giving me syntax errors.

Wait. I might have it now.

In His Service,
Marvin R Howard

GBN vs. TBN or CBN: It's a battle between God's Word, and the many fables, completely manufactured in the minds of men, which masquerade as Christianity on the airwaves today.

#99 oakleaf1

oakleaf1

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 01:35 PM

Is there any way of running ToolTip on a Mac or iPad (iOS)?

#100 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 02:21 PM

Is there any way of running ToolTip on a Mac or iPad (iOS)?

You would need a program like Crossover Mac from Codeweavers which allows Windows Applications to be run on a Mac in order to use Tooltip as there is no actual windows version of the program.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users