Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

How to Make e-Sword Modules - ToolTip NT User's Guide - .94 / Revision 2/12/2012

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#81 Gert van Zyl

Gert van Zyl

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:46 PM

Can someone advise on fastest way to insert verse numbers? I am trying to create Bible file. My original document is in MS Word 2013 format.

Sample:

Genesis

1 IN die begin het Elohim die Hemele en die Aarde geskape. [JeshaJaH 66:1; 2 Ezra 6:38; Psalm 85:11]

2 En die Aarde, sy het verwoes en vormloos geword, en Duisternis was op die aangesig van die Afgrond, en die Gees van Elohim het gesweef oor die aangesig van die waters. [JeshaJaH 45:18; Prediker 3:11]

3 En Elohim het gesê: Laat daar Lig wees! En daar was Lig.

The whole bible is in one Word document. The verse and chapter numbers has been inserted manually (not number lists). The number in the first verse reflect the Chapter number and not verse number. I would like to keep that style and start verse numbering from the second verse if possible. For the purposes of the module I need it to read:

Genesis

1 IN die begin het Elohim die Hemele en die Aarde geskape. [JeshaJaH 66:1; 2 Ezra 6:38; Psalm 85:11]

Gen 1:2 En die Aarde, sy het verwoes en vormloos geword, en Duisternis was op die aangesig van die Afgrond, en die Gees van Elohim het gesweef oor die aangesig van die waters. [JeshaJaH 45:18; Prediker 3:11]

Gen 1:3 En Elohim het gesê: Laat daar Lig wees! En daar was Lig.

However I realized that the module keeps giving errors if the reference of the verse is not proper. Thus I suspect by just keeping the chapter number in the first verse will result in errors? Can someone advise on a fast and proper way to do the verse numbering in Word which can be copy pasted into the module?

#82 david psalms

david psalms

Resource Builder

• Moderators
  • 984 posts
  • LocationAndhra Pradesh, India

Posted 16 April 2015 - 04:19 AM

Hi Josh!

Is there an Esword module available of the Numeric English New Testament by Ivan Panin?

In CHRIST! Rob

Here is the module

http://www.biblesupp...-new-testament/

The first goal in life is to make ourselves acceptable to the LORD

#83 toremnant

toremnant

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 10:55 AM

thank you for the start

#84 letsgolee

letsgolee

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:33 PM

Hello,

I'm a new to ToolTip NT and I'm trying to make a Korean bible module using it's latest version.

I think I followed every step the tutorial pdf says but I  got errors every time I click "Save Bible File book...".

Report the following:
SYNTAX ERROR
BGen3Ref[7] ⍎ :7 
              ^
----------------------------------------
BGen3Ref[7] *                            
BGen3[67]                                
>[fmTxCtrl.mModules.mBblx.mSave3;Click]  
<[fmTxCtrl;Wait]                         
Start[75]                                

I think I can make a module without using ToolTip if I know some rule for the scripture field of sqlite database. It seems that the scripture field has a kind of encoding or encryption. I once made a comment that has links for Alexsander Scoby's bible reading using php.

Could anybody explain how to change bible text for e-Sword module's scripture field?

thanks in advance.

#85 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 07:59 PM

Hello,

I'm a new to ToolTip NT and I'm trying to make a Korean bible module using it's latest version.

I think I followed every step the tutorial pdf says but I  got errors every time I click "Save Bible File book...".

Report the following:
SYNTAX ERROR
BGen3Ref[7] ⍎ :7 
              ^
----------------------------------------
BGen3Ref[7] *                            
BGen3[67]                                
>[fmTxCtrl.mModules.mBblx.mSave3;Click]  
<[fmTxCtrl;Wait]                         
Start[75]                                

I think I can make a module without using ToolTip if I know some rule for the scripture field of sqlite database. It seems that the scripture field has a kind of encoding or encryption. I once made a comment that has links for Alexsander Scoby's bible reading using php.

Could anybody explain how to change bible text for e-Sword module's scripture field?

thanks in advance.

You might want to try one of the other save options for saving you bible module, I am assuming you are using the first option which is save bible file [book]/chap:verse. 

Just an idea

#86 Woodyies

Woodyies

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 05:51 PM

Is there any program to use on the Mac to make modules?

#87 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:37 PM

Is there any program to use on the Mac to make modules?

No there isn't... You just might have to get yourself a Windows PC so you can do this kind of work.  :P  :lol: 

Don't you just love this, bro?

Blessings

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#88 Woodyies

Woodyies

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:50 PM

Bahahaha!! I'll get a junker PC to do this task then trash it... I think we could do this all day  :rolleyes:

#89 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:23 PM

Consider running Parallels or VM Ware and a session of XP or Win 7. Then you can run ToolTip NT *AND-OR* the module converter directly on your Mac. That should make moving files around and getting them to their proper locations a much easier task. The only Mac I have here now is a Quad-G5, so unless I want to run Virtual PC & Windows XP on it (and I do have that setup on the Mac) I run e-Sword on the PC I use all of the time. I only keep the Mac around now for Photoshop.

#90 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:27 PM

Note: With a "Junker" PC you still have to have a license for Windows. With the Parallels option, you don't need the extra hardware, and, you can keep the install around for that "just in case" situation that will pop up after you have trashed the PC.

Really don't want it around? Just uninstall it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users