Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

How to Make e-Sword Modules - ToolTip NT User's Guide - .94 / Revision 2/12/2012

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#101 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 04 June 2019 - 03:23 PM

Is there any way of running ToolTip on a Mac or iPad (iOS)?

On iOS, no you can't as there are no windows tools.

On Mac, as Mr  Higgins pointed out, Crossover by CodeWeavers will work. Also there is a version of WINE that works on Macs, but as to where you download it from, I have no idea. That you will have to find out for yourself.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#102 guthrier

guthrier

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 09:42 AM

Can ToolTip be used to open and correct an existing module? For example, Dictionaries - Brown Driver Briggs’ Hebrew Definitions with KJV Analysis, displays àÈá, for av, instead of אב. I really like the module because it displays all the usages of a Hebrew word, but I also want to see the Hebrew word.

Thanks!

#103 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 09:53 AM

Can ToolTip be used to open and correct an existing module? For example, Dictionaries - Brown Driver Briggs’ Hebrew Definitions with KJV Analysis, displays àÈá, for av, instead of אב. I really like the module because it displays all the usages of a Hebrew word, but I also want to see the Hebrew word.

Thanks!

As long as the module is not one of the Official Licensed Modules that can be downloaded through e-Sword itself than you should be able to edit the module using Tooltip.

For the issue you mention above I will suggest the following before using Tooltip to do any editing. Change the font for Hebrew in e-Sword by clicking Options from the e-Sword menu and the select fonts to open the fonts menu. Set the font for Hebrew to Titus Cyberbit Basic as it the default font for Hebrew, Greek and Latin in e-Sword 

#104 guthrier

guthrier

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 10:35 AM

As long as the module is not one of the Official Licensed Modules that can be downloaded through e-Sword itself than you should be able to edit the module using Tooltip.

For the issue you mention above I will suggest the following before using Tooltip to do any editing. Change the font for Hebrew in e-Sword by clicking Options from the e-Sword menu and the select fonts to open the fonts menu. Set the font for Hebrew to Titus Cyberbit Basic as it the default font for Hebrew, Greek and Latin in e-Sword 

Thanks for the suggestion TJ. I double-checked my font settings and they are all set to Titus Cyberbit Basic. Is there any sort of tutorial on how to open/import a module and fix this issue? I do not want to manually fix the thousand of entries.

Thanks again!

#105 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 10:47 AM

Thanks for the suggestion TJ. I double-checked my font settings and they are all set to Titus Cyberbit Basic. Is there any sort of tutorial on how to open/import a module and fix this issue? I do not want to manually fix the thousand of entries.

Thanks again!

Before editing the module you might want to try converting it from a DCTX module to a DCTI module using the Windows to Apple Converter available at e-Sword's homepage. Starting with e-Sword version 11 for Windows, e-Sword can now use both Windows and Apple module formats. 

The DCTI module format is the format for Dictionary Modules for use with Apple but it will also work in the Windows version of e-Sword. e-Sword 11 for Windows has issues with some modules that use the older file formats such as DCTX

I downloaded and installed the module into e-Sword version 10 for Windows and everything works fine, so my guess is that e-Sword 11 has an issue with module being a dctx format module

The converter can be downloaded from this part of the e-Sword homepage:

https://www.e-sword.net/extras.html

The Converter is at the bottom of the extra's page

Edited by Tj Higgins, 29 June 2019 - 10:58 AM.

#106 guthrier

guthrier

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 11:21 AM

Before editing the module you might want to try converting it from a DCTX module to a DCTI module using the Windows to Apple Converter available at e-Sword's homepage. Starting with e-Sword version 11 for Windows, e-Sword can now use both Windows and Apple module formats. 

The DCTI module format is the format for Dictionary Modules for use with Apple but it will also work in the Windows version of e-Sword. e-Sword 11 for Windows has issues with some modules that use the older file formats such as DCTX

I downloaded and installed the module into e-Sword version 10 for Windows and everything works fine, so my guess is that e-Sword 11 has an issue with module being a dctx format module

The converter can be downloaded from this part of the e-Sword homepage:

https://www.e-sword.net/extras.html

The Converter is at the bottom of the extra's page

TJ, I tried that too. It simply made a file named bdb-kjv_t3.dctx, which contains the same errors. I do appreciate your assistance however!

#107 Silverhair

Silverhair

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationCalgary Alberta

Posted 29 June 2019 - 12:31 PM

Thanks again!

Hi Guthrier

I set my Hebrew font to  "Ezra SIL SR"  and it works. The Hebrew comes through in the correct text.

Gal 2:20

I’m willing to compromise about many things, but not the Word of God 

There must be conviction before there can be conversion 

#108 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 01:07 PM

TJ, I tried that too. It simply made a file named bdb-kjv_t3.dctx, which contains the same errors. I do appreciate your assistance however!

If the suggestion by Silverhair for a different font setting does not work then Tooltip might have to used. Before doing any editing however I would first use Tooltip to generate at DCTI version of the module and see what that would do

#109 guthrier

guthrier

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 09:30 AM

Silverhair and TJ,

Thank you both for your your time and suggestions! Changing the font didn't work for me either unfortunately. However, Jon contacted me this morning via chat and offered me a fixed file. Problem solved! Jon (aka JPG) solved the issue by using SQLite Regexer instead of ToolTip (which apparently would load the file incorrectly).

#110 rddante71

rddante71

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 01:13 PM

Good evening,

I am a Pastor of a congregation in the Philippines and I edited and translated a "TAGALOG" version of a bible and I want it to be uploaded online. 

I am hoping that you can help me make this version FREE for my countrymen in the Philippines. This version is in "TAGALOG" language but I change all the bible NAMES in their original Hebrew Names particularly the TRUE NAME of the Heavenly Father and His Son in Hebrew language. This is the first and only version in my language that contains such Name.

I am the sole author and publisher of this book. I have it in libre-office and pdf format. I just want this version available in E-sword like the rest of the bibles.

Can somebody help me to do this?

I am attaching the PDF file of the version.

The Almighty Father Yahweh Bless you. I am looking forward to hear from you.

Sincerely,

Roland D Dante
Email Address: rolanddante@yahoo.com.ph
Cell #: (225) 788-3197

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users