Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

BeST 2

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 ebulerdo

ebulerdo

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:40 AM

Hi

Well, another possibility is using some SQLite tool, like SQLite Manager, to export the text to .csv or .xml formats, then use BeST2 to convert those to e-Sword 8 format.

But I agree that it makes no sense to go backwards.

#12 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:25 PM

Here's a blog tutorial on converting SQLIte to Access. Looks very straightforward for those who insist on staying with 8:

http://ericgazoni.wo...base-to-access/

I can't justify spending time on converting these resources anymore than I could justify building an application that runs on Windows 3.1. There's a time to move on.

#13 Searcher

Searcher

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:41 AM

I don't think it runs on any 64bit operating system.

For what it is worth, I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, and BeST 2.1.0.7 Premium, and it works just fine for me.

#14 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:06 PM

All,
For what its worth, generally speaking reverse conversions to older e-Sword versions is ok if that is what one wants to remain in that era. However now with resources being able to handle Graphics (images) may not be able to convert to 8x and below. Please also note that Dictionary an Commentary resources are now able to handle graphics, where there are images in these resources anything below version 10.1.0, these files will not be able to be read. Converting these to below 9x will be useless because these older versions of e-Sword would not be able to read them.

With the way that Rick Meyers is developing e-Sword, especially in the area of the capability of handling graphics and tables, has given rise to where detailed illustrations can be used, where graphs and charts can be incorporated into the body of the text. Take these features into consideration for Bible Study resources, including third party Dictionary, Commentary, Topic Notes, Study Notes and Reference Library books, you then have a program that can be used at by not just Bible College students, but also Theological Seminary Students for both researching, writing essays and Thesis's giving detailed information.

Now, here is also something that is worth considering. Perhaps e-Sword (as with any other good Bible program) is really a great tool for the creation of sermon notes. With the ability of the Topic Note Editor being able to handle images, the Pastor is now able to include images to illustrate certain aspects or points of his sermon.

I know of some Pastors use Bible Software to preach from, and I assume there are Pastors on this board who use e-Sword to preach from. I know there Laptops are connected to the overhead system, and that Scripture References and etc are shown. Now taking of these factors into consideration, here is the upshot of it all, The better the way the sermon with its illustration is displayed, people are better to understand from what planet the Pastor is coming from :D. And its here that e-Sword can now come into its own. To be able to visually see something in an image as an illustration is far better remembered and understood than a thousand words spoken or read.

So, here are the points one needs to remember
  • Older e-Sword versions (below 10x) cannot read resources which contain images
  • Versions 10 to the current version cannot handle images in Dictionary and Commentary resources.
  • Converting SQLite database files, which contain images, to MS Access files will not be able to be read by 8x and older versions of e-Sword.
And there are more points I can add, but I think for those of you who use the older versions of e-Sword, you cannot use the latest editions of the resources for e-Sword.

e-Sword is changing, and the changes being made in this program will make previous version(s) obsolete. And this is something you will have to take into consideration when deciding not to upgrade.

Please also note that that there is now extremely little or no support for 8x and older versions of e-Sword, and the requests made for support in this area is becoming harder to obtain.

Blessings,
Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 26 April 2012 - 04:32 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#15 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

Part of the reason for some wanting to back-engineer their Bible mods to e-Sword 8 is so that they can then convert them to TheWord. For whatever that's worth.

#16 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

Part of the reason for some wanting to back-engineer their Bible mods to e-Sword 8 is so that they can then convert them to TheWord. For whatever that's worth.

I still use BeST for this reason. I also use BeST because believe it or not, people still ask me to convert pocket e sword resources for them.

#17 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

hi

from what I know To convert back to the Word - uses e-Sword v8 = Bibles and maps, the rest uses v9 (dict, cmt, topics)
That is what I found out by trying it out.

thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#18 LJS

LJS

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:42 PM

I would like to get BeST 2.1.0.7 premium, but I am unclear on how to do that. The post from Ben Krueger on the former website states that this works on Window's 7 and that it was a tool that he would give to those who donated. Is this still the case? Where can I donate in order to get it? I am hoping to use it to convert our projects OSIS to E-sword.

#19 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:34 AM

Hi
Would this help you: http://www.biblesupp...t-e-sword-tool/

thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#20 Searcher

Searcher

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 August 2023 - 07:57 PM

This topic has been quiet for a very long time!  I may be the only person left on the planet still using BeST2!  But that is coming to an end.  I discovered that BeST2 has been messing up my files since about 2010!  It only has happened on complete Bibles and Interlinears.  What it does is skip 2 Corinthians 13:12, and move the text to verse 13.  It then takes the text from verse 13 and moves it to verse 14.  It then appends the text from 14 as an extra line.  You can see it here:

Attached File  Untitled.gif   14.41K   7 downloads

I stayed with e-Sword 10 because I could not reliably convert my interlinears to the BBLI format.  I didn't have an iPad or iPhone and I was happy with what I had.  But now e-Sword runs quite well on Android, and I am trying to move everything over.  I have been importing the BBLX files into ToolTip Tool NT, and then saving them as BBLI files, but each and everyone would go bonkers on 2Co 13:12, so I looked into it.

I already have my workaround, but I am sharing this with the Forum just in case there are any others who may have used BeST2 in the past.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users