Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword 10.0.7 Released

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:51 PM

This is on my Linux desktop, not Windows test machine.
I have not yet done any testing on the Windows test machine.

e-Sword 9.9.1 takes longer to start than either e-Sword 10.0.5 or e-Sword 10.0.7.
(I have all three installed on my laptop. )

jonathon

Oh, yeah I wondered if it was your Linux box or old Windows box. It's odd that it's faster for some of us Windows guys (or worst case, no performance increase ) and yet slower on Linux.

#12 Fireandsalt

Fireandsalt

e-Sword Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:50 PM

Just to add my two cents. I just installed 10.0.7 under Mac OSX Lion and e-sword opens in 19 seconds from the time I execute the command line wine command until the program opens up to the split panes and is useable. I am using wine version 1.2.3 and have a mid-2010 Macbook Pro.

Thought that might be of interest to some. Other than that, I did not time the previous install so not sure if it is faster or slower but it seems to be comparable to what I've experienced in the past.

#13 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:22 PM

Just to add my two cents. I just installed 10.0.7 under Mac OSX Lion and e-sword opens in 19 seconds from the time I execute the command line wine command until the program opens up to the split panes and is useable. I am using wine version 1.2.3 and have a mid-2010 Macbook Pro.

Thought that might be of interest to some. Other than that, I did not time the previous install so not sure if it is faster or slower but it seems to be comparable to what I've experienced in the past.

Hello Ryan,

Thanks for the information. My son-in-law has a Mac, and I just might see a Mac in my future also. Running e-Sword would be a high priority for me. I just gave a donation for an e-Sword CD, and it will be for my son-in-law.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#14 Fireandsalt

Fireandsalt

e-Sword Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:29 AM

Hello Ryan,

Thanks for the information. My son-in-law has a Mac, and I just might see a Mac in my future also. Running e-Sword would be a high priority for me. I just gave a donation for an e-Sword CD, and it will be for my son-in-law.

Macs are great. Very reliable OS. Have'nt had it crash on me yet.

#15 Vaughn

Vaughn

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationKaufman, Texas

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:00 AM

Well, I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate and it takes e-Sword at least 5 minutes to start. However, with the number of resources i have this is still pretty good.
Grace and Peace,
Your fellow Swordsman,
Vaughn R. Jacobs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users