Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Problems installing new MacArthur e-Sword module...

2 replies to this topic

#1 lidsavr

lidsavr

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSequim, WA - USA

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:17 PM

I downloaded the new MacArthur e-Sword module from eStudySource.com. I always save my downloads and back them up so I can reinstall later if there is a problem with my computer.

When tried to install the module, it never asked for the code, installed about halfway and then stopped and gave me the following error, "The wizard was interrupted before e-Sword MacArthur Commentary Add-On could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again. Click Finish to exit the wizard."

I click Finish and the pop-up window closes. Then my virus scanner pops up with the following message, "A program was behaving suspiciously on your computer. This program was blocked and removed. File: c:\windows\temp\msi6153.tmp - No Action Required."

This does not appear to be a virus. My virus scanner does not seem to know what to do with the uncompleted temp install file, thus the second message. But the first message is what has me scratching my head.

I have tried downloading the module again, but the same thing happens. I have disabled my virus scanner with the same results.

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on and how I can install my program.

Extra info:
I am running Windows 7 64-bit
e-Sword version 10.0.5
I have the code for the MacArthur module

Thank you.

Charles

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:22 PM

Did you try deleting: c:\windows\temp\msi6153.tmp and retrying? You might try disabling the virus scanner and installing. You might also emailing estudysource to see what they say. Please report back with whatever solution you find, as it may help someone else later...

#3 lidsavr

lidsavr

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSequim, WA - USA

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:35 PM

Josh,
I had disabled the virus scanner just like you suggested. I also had deleted the msi6153.temp file; however, when I disabled my virus scanner, I did not realize that it has an additional program anti-virus program was running called, "Auto Protect." I needed to disable that as well.

The module installed OK after I disabled it. Thanks for the suggestion; it helped me look at the virus scanner solution again and discover the problem.

Blessings,

Charles

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users