Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

John MacArthur's Bible Commentary

11 replies to this topic

#1 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:11 AM

Hi all,

The long anticipated John MacArthur's Bible Commentary is here for e-Sword. Here is the link: http://estudysource.....aspx?pid=C0018

Thanks
Patchworkid
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#2 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:36 AM

THANKS! - Yes, I want this one. I sincerely appreciate the information.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#3 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:28 AM

$10 off coupon good until midnight February 7 Central Standard TIme: MABC

#4 dartmaster644

dartmaster644

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:44 PM

Thanks guys for the "heads up". What a welcomed piece of good news this was today !! God is so good.

Dartmaster644

#5 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:00 PM

All,
If someone could write a decent review of it, and let us know what its like. As in put in the good and the bad as well, that would be really great.

Blessings,
Autograph.png
X (formerly Twitter)

#6 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:57 PM

I would classify MacArthur as a Baptist Calvinist, who believes in the the rapture and great tribulation, premillennial:

1 Thessalonians 4:17

caught up. After the dead come forth, their spirits, already with the Lord (2Co_5:8; Php_1:23), are now being joined to resurrected new bodies (see notes on 1Co_15:35-50); the living Christians will be raptured, literally snatched away (cf. Joh_10:28; Act_8:39). This passage, along with Joh_14:1-3 and 1Co_15:51-52, forms the biblical basis for the rapture of the church. The time of the rapture cannot be conclusively determined from this passage alone. However, when other texts such as Rev_3:10 and Joh_14:3 are consulted and compared to the texts about Christ's coming in judgment (Mat_13:34-50; Mat_24:29-44; Rev_19:11-21) at the end of a seven year tribulation, it has to be noted that there is a clear difference between the character of the rapture in that there is no mention of any judgment, while the other texts feature judgment.

So then, it is best to understand that the rapture occurs at a time different from the coming of Christ in judgment. Thus, the rapture has been described as pretribulational (before the wrath of God unfolded in the judgments of Rev. 6-19). This event includes complete transformation (cf. 1Co_15:51-52; Php_3:20-21) and union with the Lord Jesus Christ that never ends.

John 6:37

All that the Father gives Me will come to Me. This verse emphasizes the sovereign will of God in the selection of those who come to Him for salvation (cf. Joh_6:44, Joh_6:65; Joh_17:6, Joh_17:12, Joh_17:24). The Father has predestined those who would be saved (see notes on Rom_8:29-30; Eph_1:3-6; 1Pe_1:2). The absolute sovereignty of God is the basis of Jesus' confidence in the success of His mission (see note on Joh_6:40; cf. Php_1:6). The security of salvation rests in the sovereignty of God, for God is the guarantee that "all" He has chosen will come to Him for salvation. The idea of "gives Me" is that every person chosen by God and drawn by God (Joh_6:44) must be seen as a gift of the Father's love to the Son. The Son receives each "love gift" (Joh_6:37), holds on to each (Joh_6:39), and will raise each to eternal glory (Joh_6:39-40). No one chosen will be lost (see notes on Rom_8:31-39). This saving purpose is the Father's will that the Son will not fail to do perfectly (Joh_6:38; cf. Joh_4:34; Joh_10:28-29; Joh_17:6, Joh_17:12, Joh_17:24).

As for the reviews, there's plenty on Amazon.com. His Study Bible and single volume commentary contain the same text.

http://www.amazon.co...nDateDescending

#7 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:49 PM

$10 off coupon good until midnight February 7 Central Standard TIme: MABC

Yeah! - This makes it even better. Thanks!

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#8 jmloy

jmloy

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationNaples, Florida 34120

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:39 PM

Hi all,

The long anticipated John MacArthur's Bible Commentary is here for e-Sword. Here is the link: http://estudysource.....aspx?pid=C0018

Thanks
Patchworkid

He's a premillenialist.... [Admin: Removed theological argument]

Berdine Mayes Th.M.

#9 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:51 PM

I am not a Calvinist and I have some Pentacostal tendencies (althought I am not a Pentacostal) so there are portions of scripture where I would not agree with John MacArthur. However, he is somewhat unique in that he is a reformed theologian who understands Bible prophecy. This makes him interesting to read. He gets a lot of grief in reformed circles for interpreting Bible prophecy literally.

#10 rod_1011

rod_1011

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 July 2022 - 12:01 PM

Is there any free for JMac study Bible?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users