Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

thank you for this site

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 JesusLives

JesusLives

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:27 PM

I wanted to express my sincere gratitude for this website. Those behind this website have done more for eSword than anyone other than esword's own author! I don't see how everything gets done from manuals to installers to enormous works like the Pulpit commentary, Bible illustrator, John Trapp, Bridgway, F.B. Meyer, Handfuls with Purpose, I mean the blockbusters put out by this site are unbelieavable. I envy the organizational, leadership and technical skills required to pull of this miracle.

When the old site burnt to the ground and lacked leadership and direction I lost interest in e-Sword, I still used it but it was depressing to think of e-sword because all I saw in my mind was the arguing and fighting on the old site. I learned about this website in October when someone emailed me and said you won't believe what's happened to eSword! This is how you run a support site, real accomplishments, real modules, real know how, not babble and squabble about budgets and meetings and foundations and drop dead dates and blame! My digital library is better I ever dreamed my printed library would become. I mean in my wildest dreams, I never imagined having a library like I know have!! I just got a smart phone and I can use mySword to see the same library. Where does this end? I pray it never does.

#2 Fireandsalt

Fireandsalt

e-Sword Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:50 AM

Ditto the sentiments!

#3 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:56 PM

Well said JesusLives - I agree with your comments completely. The administration and the moderators have done a wonderful job, and they are encouraging others to make modules for e-Sword. The new modules for e-Sword are almost unbelievably GOOD. At the same time, the help, tutorials, and support for others using e-Sword are also unbelievably GOOD. I give thanks in the sure knowledge that God is using e-Sword.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#4 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:26 AM

Hi all,

I believe that the body is no greater than the head; example: (Josh Bond) he is an excellent module maker so thus the members become (learn) the art of making modules. Just look at your own local Church (your Pastor and the members.).

this is just my thought.

I agree and spent a lot of time helping this site as much as I could.

I thank God for this site as well.
Patchworkid
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#5 fmccraw

fmccraw

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

I am thrilled to have found this site yesterday.

I love e-sword, and missed many of my old friends, Joseph Exell, E W Bullinger, A W Pink, Calvin, Trapp, Poole, Bengel, and many, many, ... okay, ... many others.

What a treat to find a way to integrate them into e-sword!

Thank you much for your work on this site.

May the Lord prosper this site and your lives as well!

#6 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:19 PM

I wanted to express my sincere gratitude for this website. Those behind this website have done more for eSword than anyone other than esword's own author! I don't see how everything gets done from manuals to installers to enormous works like the Pulpit commentary, Bible illustrator, John Trapp, Bridgway, F.B. Meyer, Handfuls with Purpose, I mean the blockbusters put out by this site are unbelieavable. I envy the organizational, leadership and technical skills required to pull of this miracle.

When the old site burnt to the ground and lacked leadership and direction I lost interest in e-Sword, I still used it but it was depressing to think of e-sword because all I saw in my mind was the arguing and fighting on the old site. I learned about this website in October when someone emailed me and said you won't believe what's happened to eSword! This is how you run a support site, real accomplishments, real modules, real know how, not babble and squabble about budgets and meetings and foundations and drop dead dates and blame! My digital library is better I ever dreamed my printed library would become. I mean in my wildest dreams, I never imagined having a library like I know have!! I just got a smart phone and I can use mySword to see the same library. Where does this end? I pray it never does.

I think you have truly expressed the sentiments of every member of this community. The one thing I've noticed about e-Sword and Rick Meyers, and BibleSupport and Josh Bond is that I believe is what is called of God lasts.

I don't believe that e-Sword enjoys its popularity and the total number of users as a coincident or an accident. Rick Meyers had a vision and a goal for what e-Sword was to be used for, and primarily it was to get the Word of God out into "all of the world." I believe that Rick Meyers was called of God to do this work.

It is the same with Josh Bond.

Both these men give great deal of their time and resources to serve and bless God's people with the talents they have. And because their desire is to serve,and not to gain anything for themselves as a result of it, God honors and blesses them.

Now, everyone of us have an opportunity to give, and though some do, and most don't, yet God provides them with what they need in order to be able to do the work they have been given to do.

There is much more I can say by extending this to the Module and Resource creators/editors, and Software developers who are involved in creating the tools and applications for e-Sword for little or no reward, other than to bless the Body of Christ. And so we see really see God at work here with BibleSupport and e-Sword.

Here is what I love about this site, its the fact that you can have the opportunity to meet at "talk" with other members, as well as with Josh. But more importantly, the thing that really gets this place rocking is the joy we receive in helping others.

Blessings,
Autograph.png
X (formerly Twitter)

#7 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:06 PM

I am thrilled to have found this site yesterday.

I love e-sword, and missed many of my old friends, Joseph Exell, E W Bullinger, A W Pink, Calvin, Trapp, Poole, Bengel, and many, many, ... okay, ... many others.

What a treat to find a way to integrate them into e-sword!

Thank you much for your work on this site.

May the Lord prosper this site and your lives as well!

Welcome to Bible Support. It sounds like you're going to like it here as much as I do.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#8 MJ_

MJ_

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationCyberspace

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:20 PM

I was not all that familiar with the old site, though I vaguely remember some chatter about costs and how to fund it going forward. So having said that, let's focus on the positive...

I agree completely with your assessment of what a blessing this site is. The number of quality resources is constantly expanding. The atmosphere is very positive and helpful for sure. I hope that it does continue for a very long time. I am sure that there are financial costs for the site and for the licensing of the site software. I hope that if that becomes a burden that we would all have the opportunity to assist as necessary...

#9 Live4Jesus

Live4Jesus

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:57 AM

I was not all that familiar with the old site, though I vaguely remember some chatter about costs and how to fund it going forward. So having said that, let's focus on the positive...

I agree completely with your assessment of what a blessing this site is. The number of quality resources is constantly expanding. The atmosphere is very positive and helpful for sure. I hope that it does continue for a very long time. I am sure that there are financial costs for the site and for the licensing of the site software. I hope that if that becomes a burden that we would all have the opportunity to assist as necessary...

Josh said before in another post it costs $2,000-2,500 a year to run this site. Most of that was for hosting, i think. Probably saves a lot of money by not trying to hire accountants and 'staff' and incorporate in places like Zimbabwe. :P

#10 MJ_

MJ_

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationCyberspace

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:30 PM

Josh said before in another post it costs $2,000-2,500 a year to run this site. Most of that was for hosting, i think. Probably saves a lot of money by not trying to hire accountants and 'staff' and incorporate in places like Zimbabwe. :P

That is a significant cost so clearly it is something that he loves and is passionate about. I am sure God will continue to bless the work as long as it bears fruit.. So far it certainly is a good work..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users