Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

An ActiveX file installed from e-Sword???

2 replies to this topic

#1 lidsavr

lidsavr

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSequim, WA - USA

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:30 PM

I have a file in the root directory of my c:\ drive called Codejock.Controls.Unicode.v15.1.3.ocx. The file is an activeX control. I searched on the web forums concerning the file and a couple of the sites are saying that file appears after installing the new version of e-Sword (10.x). Has anyone seen this file. Is it valid? I do not like unknown software on my computer. Please reply if you have heard anything about it.

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:19 PM

According to this website, the e-Sword downloadable was silently updated (i.e. no new version number and no new date on the file listing) at the end of November to correct this issue of placing (and requiring) the ocx file in the root directory.

#3 lidsavr

lidsavr

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSequim, WA - USA

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:39 AM

Josh,
Thank you for your prompt reply. I also had seen the same posting, but did not understand that I had to download the same version to make the file disappear fromt the root directory. I do not have a problem with an activex file on my computer if it is suppose to be there.

I love the service that God provides through Rick Meyers in making e-Sword available to those who want to study the Word of God on a deeper level. In addition, I thank you Josh for providing this forum that answers my questions about the program!

Last, I am a strong believer in giving. Neither Rick Meyers or Josh Bond has asked me to say this, but if you have been blessed by e-Sword and have never donated to e-Sword, please go to the e-Sword web site (www.e-sword.net) and make a donation. Don't do it because you have to do it. Don't do it because it is the right thing to do - DO IT because it allows the work to continue and the Word of God to go forth. DO IT in thankfulness to God the Father for the blessings you have received from him!

Charles (Lidsavr)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users