Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Adding new content to existing commentary

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 James Rice

James Rice

Moderator / Resource Builder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:43 PM

Wondering if it's possible to add new material to an existing cmtx?

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:57 PM

I can dump the database to a RTF file, so you can edit it in Tooltip, if you want.

josh

#3 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:06 PM

Hi Josh Can you make a program software that like the Bible Dumper.

thanks
Patchworkid
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#4 James Rice

James Rice

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:12 PM

I can dump the database to a RTF file, so you can edit it in Tooltip, if you want.

josh

If you don't mind I'd like the Maclaren cmtx file so that I can add new material to it. That would be so helpful and I thank you very much.

#5 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:34 PM

Yes.

How to do it depends upon:
  • How much existing content there is;
  • How much content is to be added;
If it is a trivial amount of content to be added, then I'd use SQLite database browser, and add the content using SQL.

If it is a non-trivial amount of content, and the commentary is either PD, or you are the sole copyright owner, then I'd export the content to B-XML, and merge the new content with it, and re-import everything back using BeST 2.x.

jonathon

#6 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:31 PM

If you don't mind I'd like the Maclaren cmtx file so that I can add new material to it. That would be so helpful and I thank you very much.

Dumped to RTF, ÷ symbols automatically added to the beginning of each section, T3 header descriptions in place, all you have to do is unzip, load into T3, and edit. Or if you use some other app, search and replace the ÷ signs with nothing to delete.

www.biblesupport.com/maclaren_rtf_ready_for_t3.zip

#7 James Rice

James Rice

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:04 PM

Dumped to RTF, ÷ symbols automatically added to the beginning of each section, T3 header descriptions in place, all you have to do is unzip, load into T3, and edit. Or if you use some other app, search and replace the ÷ signs with nothing to delete.

www.biblesupport.com/maclaren_rtf_ready_for_t3.zip

Got the rtf file for maclaren's commentary, however whenever I go to tooltip or save as a cmtx file T3 crashes on me.. The rtf file has about 5000 pages.

#8 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:22 PM

Got the rtf file for maclaren's commentary, however whenever I go to tooltip or save as a cmtx file T3 crashes on me.. The rtf file has about 5000 pages.

I have asked Brent, T3's author. He's traveling so it may be a little while before he has a chance to look at it. The program I use is buggy and I suspect the rtf headers may not be right.

Josh

#9 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:22 PM

There's a bug in T3 that this text is triggering. He has coded a fix in the soon to be released version 3.26. Maybe there's a way to do this with Best, if you don't want to wait. I could never get Best to work with any of my computers so I don't know.

Josh

#10 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:37 PM

New version of T3 posted. It should compile the rtf file now. I did notice a problem with this commentary.

We've had complaints that people felt like material was missing. I noticed on some passages that should apply to multiple verses only apply to one verse. You might take a look at that. For example, one section might apply to Geneis 4:3-16 but it's set to only apply to Genesis 4:3. That's why some people felt material was missing. It wasn't missing, it was just hard to see because you had to click on 4:3 exactly to view the material.

It may be a problem with the way I converted it to RTF. Let me take a look at the rtf tonight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users