Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Sermon Illustrations

6 replies to this topic

#1 Bobs

Bobs

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationPapamoa, New Zealand

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:30 PM

I have noticed on esword that Sermon Illustrations is 'greyed' and does not work. How do I get to be able to us it?

Can I add my own illustrations?

Any help/suggestions appreciated.

So grateful for this site

Great blessing

Robert

#2 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:31 PM

Quoted from the manual you can download from this site is below however it does not say what to do if the option in tools is greyed :-( Will snoop further :lol:

Using Sermon Illustrations
Sermon Illustrations are helpful for preachers preparing a sermon. Sermon illustrations can bring to life a sermon, illustrating concepts that might otherwise be difficult to explain. Many users forget that e-Sword has a built-in Sermon Illustrations database, which is the reason we're discussing it here.
To open the Sermon Illustrations window, select Tools/Sermon Illustrations from the main menu.
You may select a Sermon Illustration and then click the Copy Sermon Illustration button to copy the text. You may then paste the text into your Topic Notes, Study Notes, or any word processor.
The Illustration Filter in the above screen displays how you may filter and search sermon illustrations. Sermon Illustrations are organized by Scripture and Category. You may also search by keyword.
To edit, add, or delete Sermon Illustrations, click the Illustration Maintenance tab.

#3 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:47 PM

I have noticed on esword that Sermon Illustrations is 'greyed' and does not work.

There is one resource, sermon.illx, for this component. This resource has to be purchased from e-Sword.net.
It is _not_ listed in the built in Download Resource Manager.

It costs US$20.00, and can be obtained at http://www.e-sword.n...ustrations.html

Can I add my own illustrations?

Once you have purchased that resource, yes.

jonathon

#4 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:56 PM

Any chance the mechanism will be released without the illustrations so we might add our own and maybe share with others here? :mellow:

Edit: Oh, thanks much for the info, hadn't been able to find anything on the subject.

#5 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:11 PM

Any chance the mechanism will be released without the illustrations so we might add our own and maybe share with others here?

No chance at all. The database tables, etc for this component are considered to be "closed".

My impression is that Rick added this component, at AMG's insistence. I suspect that there are a couple of other components that AMG would like Rick to add, but he has thus far not obliged them in doing so.

###

I suspect that the lack of manpower to create official e-Sword resources, is the major reason why there are not as many official e-Sword resources, as there are for Laridian, Olive Tree, WordSearch, or QuickVerse.

jonathon

#6 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:49 PM

I need to clarify have clarified in the manual this is an add-on resource. I have no idea how I acquired the sermon illustrations file, I know I didn't buy it. I figured since I had it, it was stock.

All premium resources are encrypted, including the sermons file.

However, e-Sword will read an unencrypted sermon illustrations database with no problem. I have one here, empty, with 2 test entries (see screenshot). I think if Rick wanted to close the format, he would have made e-Sword so that it will only read encrypted illustration databases. I may send an email asking for clarification. If it is closed, that would explain the lack of sermon illustration databases--that and a lack of public domain content I guess.

Attached Files

#7 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:38 PM

Thanks.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users