Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword ToolTip Tool NT

• Please log in to reply
882 replies to this topic

#811 chuckH

chuckH

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:06 AM

I was thinking of creating modules for the Geneva Series Commentaries that I have, but I cannot find a working link for the Tooltip program, can someone point me to the download that works please.

#812 chuckH

chuckH

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:08 AM

Is it a Dropbox? One of the links takes me to a Dropbox page that is broken.

#813 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:12 AM

This link is not working for you? 

http://www.biblesupp...ooltip-tool-nt/

Tooltip is stored in PCloud, not Dropbox.

#814 chuckH

chuckH

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:22 AM

OK, I was able to get the download, now.....where should I unzip the files to? Should it be within the e-sword folder or can it be a stand alone program?

#815 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:26 AM

OK, I was able to get the download, now.....where should I unzip the files to? Should it be within the e-sword folder or can it be a stand alone program?

Tooltip Tool NT is  a stand alone program. 

#816 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 August 2018 - 09:26 AM

========================================
Version 2018.0805
-- Fixed - Reading HTML Bible modules failed due to typo in source code.
-- New - Bible Popup - Ctrl+Click will open the preceding scripture reference to open in e-Sword
-- New - Bible Popup - Ctrl+Shift+L will remove Linefeed characters making a single paragraph
-- Update - other internal routines and updated Interpreter EXE

Image already added

#817 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 August 2018 - 06:31 PM

Version 2018.0831
-- New - HotKey to bring Tooltip to the foreground from any program
-- New - Esc key now minimized Tooltip
-- New - Settings option:  Combine Sort.  Setting this to 0 bypasses sorting routines when combining files.  Default is 1
-- Private - Cabinet storage funtion (a work in progress)

The new hotkey is found under the HotKey menu.  You can change it to what ever value you want provided it is available, default is Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Y. 

How I use the new HotKey - if I'm reading a document and want to add text to a module I'm building in T4, I copy the text to the clipboard, press the HotKey and T4 jumps to the forefront.  Paste in the new text, then press the Esc key and the previous window is back.  Makes is simple from jumping back and forth between programs.

The new Combine Sort option is for a special case where you don't want to sort records when combining files of the same type.

#818 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 September 2018 - 08:14 AM

Due to some problems with my cloud service, I have had to create a new download link for T4 which is now live. 

#819 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 September 2018 - 03:02 PM

Tooltip Tool NT Cabinet Files

ToolTip Tool NT (T4) Cabinet files (CF) are simple storage containers. Documents are stored in a compressed and encrypted manner. While encrypted, any version of T4 can open them, though adding a password for each file in the future is a possibility. To save a document into a CF, enter your document, either select an existing CF, or enter the name of a new CF and click the Save button on the Cabinet toolbar. To retrieve this document in the future, select the CF, click the Document dropdown and select the name of the Document.

Document naming. If you have saved the file to a regular file on your hard drive, then the last part of that file namt will be the name used to identify the document. If you have not saved the document, thus it does not have a file name associated with it, then the first paragraph will be used for the name of the document. Example: this document would be named: ToolTip Tool NT Cabinet Files.

In all T4 documents, there is an associated GUID (globally unique identifier). In this way, if you change the name of the document in the first paragraph, it will change the name in the associated CF directory automatically. Once a document is associated with a specific CF, it will retaina the association, regardless of what is showing on the Cabinet toolbar. If you want to associate a specific document with a different CF, you can click the Edit button on the Cabinet Toolbar, and either select Remove Current Document From Cabinet, which will delete that document from its CF file and disassociate it from any CF, or click Disassociate Current Document From Its Cabinet, which does not delete it from its current CF, but does remove the association and change its GUID (note the later will be in a version greated that 2018.0911). Now you are free to save the document to a different CF or delete it all together. Note, you can still save it to an external file as usual.

You can have multiple documents open at the same time from different CFs. They will however retain their association with their original CF file, so clicking Save will not change their location to a different CF. You either delete if from its CF file or disassociate if from its CF, then you are free to store it in a new CF.

The default CF file is named "Cabinet" and it will always be available. If you delete is from the Edit menu, it will be deleted and its context lost and a new one created. If you delete any other CF file, it will be deleted and its content losts.

All CFs are located in your "C:\Users\[USER NAME]\Documents\ToolTipCabinet" at the present time. If you share a CF file with someone else, you must put it in the folder for T4 to find it. No need to restart the program when adding a new CF to this folder.

#820 mrpastewart

mrpastewart

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 12:07 PM

Hello BH

I'm having a strange issue with Tooltip. It is showing no errors for me to post so sorry for that. I'am creating a Commentary and when I save it in HD HTML it will work perfectly on Windows and Mac but when imported to my iPad it will only half work. what it does is when i change bible verse in study mode the commentary fails to change automatically and i have to switch into compare mode then back in order for the sync or change to occur in the commentary window. If i change to the commentary only view it is changing there as expected. The reason I am saying this here is because it only happens when i create the HD commentary from within Tooltip and only on the iPad. If I convert a PC version using the pc to apple converter it works perfectly except the formatting gets messed up and it does not display as expected because it puts in more spacing between content then is really there. so because this only happens when using tooltip and importing module to iPad i'm wondering if you have run accross this issue and if so how did you fix it. Also using the converter is not an option for me as 1. it messes up my desired formatting and 2. for some reason it has stopped working for me it hangs up when i try and use it and no matter what i do it hangs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users