Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Lange's Commentary for e-Sword

• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

#81 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:18 AM

I was going to start procrastinating today, but I decided to start tomorrow.

#82 MJ_

MJ_

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationCyberspace

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:42 PM

I was going to start procrastinating today, but I decided to start tomorrow.

haha... I love it! You were reading my mind... If my wife could only see this! Haha..

#83 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:42 PM

I've survived the valley of the shadow of death, otherwise known as Langes :) The entire commentary has been formatted, marked, and ready for processing by Tooltip NT, which will standardize all the verse references. All that's left now is to run each book through T4 and combine the 66 cmtx files into one. I just finished Revelation, followed by the two missing chapters in Isaiah that someone sent me. I haven't been able to find the Apocrypha book, so I'm proceeding without it.

But...we've run into a technical issue involving the footnotes. The footnotes are linked, so you can click 5 and be taken to footnote #5 at the bottom of the screen. ToolTip NT is not outputting the proper RTF for hyperlinks/bookmarks. It's actually not Brent's fault, as it appears to be a bug in the text control used by ToolTip NT.

ToolTip NT uses a slightly newer version of the same text control that e-Sword uses. And in this newer version, there appears to be a bug for how hyperlinks to bookmarks are generated. So, I can't proceed until we resolve this issue, else the footnote identifiers will be garbled. Brent has filed a technical support request with the text control maker.

One this is resolved, we should be just a matter of days away (if that) from the finished module.

#84 blcjr

blcjr

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:16 AM

Looking forward to it.

#85 dartmaster644

dartmaster644

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:52 AM

Josh......
You've brought us "good news"....and we rejoice in it ! Thanks for fighting the good fight on this one,Josh !! We all eagerly await the
blessings this will bring when you release the finished work.

Dartmaster644

#86 MJ_

MJ_

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationCyberspace

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:58 AM

I've survived the valley of the shadow of death, otherwise known as Langes :) The entire commentary has been formatted, marked, and ready for processing by Tooltip NT, which will standardize all the verse references. All that's left now is to run each book through T4 and combine the 66 cmtx files into one. I just finished Revelation, followed by the two missing chapters in Isaiah that someone sent me. I haven't been able to find the Apocrypha book, so I'm proceeding without it.

One this is resolved, we should be just a matter of days away (if that) from the finished module.

There is always a little bit of bad news mixed in with the good in our society. So excited to hear the news! The Langes commentary volumes that I have just sit on the shelf collecting dust most of the time becuase they are so much more unweildy to manage than this little netbook with dozens of other commentaries that can fill in to a certain extent. Your efforts greatly appreciated and am increasingly anticipating the release of this great work.

M

#87 Ebed Doulos

Ebed Doulos

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:42 AM

Thanks Josh. I appreciate this.
Posted Image

#88 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:44 AM

A good friend once pointed out that it is,indeed, the valley of the SHADOW of death that we go through, since as believers, death has no power over us.
Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#89 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:33 AM

But...we've run into a technical issue involving the footnotes. The footnotes are linked, so you can click 5 and be taken to footnote #5 at the bottom of the screen. ToolTip NT is not outputting the proper RTF for hyperlinks/bookmarks. It's actually not Brent's fault, as it appears to be a bug in the text control used by ToolTip NT.

Hi Josh,
I know you're going to hate this Idea, but (in theory, as there is no way I can guarantee it'll work) its the best I can come up with. I think where T4 cant do those finicky rtf code things like that you're talking about, about the only solution to it is to add in that particular rtf code directly in the appropriate records in SQLite.

Just a thought that this could possibly work that way, but I really can't guarantee that it will.

Blessings,
Autograph.png
X (formerly Twitter)

#90 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:20 PM

I've been using my Lange's down time "wisely". Sort of. I like fiddling with things like this, that have little practical value but are fun. I designed a book cover and spine of how Lange's original printed edition may have looked (I've never seen an original printed edition, so I have no idea).

Then I made some 3D book renderings in various configurations. The watermark lines are in the images because I didn't actually pay for the software ($80), just using the trial version. You can adjust the lights, shadows, camera perspective, shoot a shot from any angle, etc. Click each picture for a larger version.

Attached File  playing-with-lange1.png   576.23K   11 downloads
Attached File  playing-with-lange2.png   607.75K   12 downloads
Attached File  playing-with-lange4.png   534.81K   10 downloads

It'll be fun to have something like this for promotional material. And now I can say, "I can make ebook covers!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users