Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Lange's Commentary for e-Sword

• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

#71 dartmaster644

dartmaster644

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:52 AM

Josh.....
You've got me feeling like it's Christmas in May...or June...or even July ! What a precious gift you're preparing to give to us. And by the way.....you sure do know how to work a crowd !!

Dartmaster644

#72 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:57 AM

you sure do know how to work a crowd !!

The crowd's been working me, emailing every other day. Is it done yet? now? yet? So I thought I'd give a progress report.

My lesson on this project is: just release something when it's done with no hint of what's coming. :) Then there's no expectations on timing since no one knows it's coming, like the Biblical Illustrator and John Trapp.

#73 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:39 PM

Then there's no expectations on timing since no one knows it's coming, like the Biblical Illustrator and John Trapp.

Josh,
On that, mate, you never said a truer word. I think if you put up a progress bar so people can see or have an idea on how far you got with it, and/or how far you've got to go might be a bit helpful to all those expectant parents.<<<--- Well, I guess that is a good way to put it. LOL

Anyway, mate, I trust you're having a great time with it, and that you're actually enjoying doing it as well. So, with all the encouragement I can throw at ya, You're doing a pretty good job.

Blessings,
Autograph.png
X (formerly Twitter)

#74 MJ_

MJ_

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationCyberspace

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

, I believe this rendition of Langes is better than any other Langes module for any other Bible software. I'll let you be the judge of that when it's done.

I'm hesitant to give more estimates on completion because of unforseen issues I can run into or because of family commitments that arise, but we are getting much closer and I'm continuing to work on it as often as I can. I will say this: Langes was an amazing commentator, simply amazing. I've read a lot of his comments as I've worked on this project and what an incredible mind he had. The more comfortable you get with this writing style, the easier it is to understand. I'm eager to get this done.

This is really a big project and for you to be this far along impresses me. Looking forward to your final efforts!

#75 MJ_

MJ_

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationCyberspace

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

The crowd's been working me, emailing every other day. Is it done yet? now? yet? So I thought I'd give a progress report.

My lesson on this project is: just release something when it's done with no hint of what's coming. :) Then there's no expectations on timing since no one knows it's coming, like the Biblical Illustrator and John Trapp.

Always under promise and there is never any disappointment!

#76 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:52 PM

least you know the project your working on will be wanted and used who wants to wast time on a module

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#77 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:14 PM

Brother Josh,

I just want to tell you that I appreciate all of your extra effort to do things right and avoid as many errors as possible. I can only imagine how difficult this task is on so large a project. You are known for delivering first class work, so I don't mind waiting. As usual, I think that it might be easier to do it right the first time. Thanks for giving us all something to look forward to.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#78 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:24 PM

Thomas Jefferson once said, "I am a devout pessimist" that way he is never disappointed when things go wrong, and pleasantly surprised when things go right.

So, when things take longer than expected, don't fret, just expect it. When things get done on time, be thrilled! If you get things done ahead of time, even better!

#79 Ebed Doulos

Ebed Doulos

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:25 PM

Josh,
Based on your attention to detail, your dogged determination and your sense of style, I believe you must have a bit of the ben Asher clan running around your family tree.

Thank you.
Posted Image

#80 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:27 AM

So, when things take longer than expected, don't fret, just expect it. When things get done on time, be thrilled! If you get things done ahead of time, even better!

Or you could procrastinate, and that way you don't get anything done. Hmmm, I dunno, at times I reckon that seems like a good Idea. Hey, lets have a procrastination party. And everyone procrastinates, and no one turns up. Oh well, such is life. LOL

Blessings,
Autograph.png
X (formerly Twitter)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users