Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Lange's Commentary for e-Sword

• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

#191 MJ_

MJ_

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationCyberspace

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

This revision wasn't too bad. The original module was a lot of work to get it into e-Sword format--and I didn't even digitize the text. I can't fathom the amount of work required to digitize that much material with the Greek and the Hebrew. It would have never happened without the text already digitized.

Have to agree on that. With my own efforts on some projects, hours and hours are needed just to get text formats in order and spelled checked is a very time consuming task. 

With the size of langes' being what it is. I expect there will be typo's and minor updates needed to perfect it over time.  And well worth the effort I might add..

#192 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

Have to agree on that. With my own efforts on some projects, hours and hours are needed just to get text formats in order and spelled checked is a very time consuming task. 

Have to agree with Michael.  He's been working on a Bible translation whose formatting was such that it is almost as quick to just type the thing out by hand.  He is truly dedicated!

#193 MooseParks

MooseParks

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:26 AM

Please note that the commentary intended for John 10:24-29 is actually for John 20:24-31, as indicated below:

John 10:24-29

IV

How Christ Putteth Thomas’ Unbelief To Shame, And Changeth The Doubting Disciple Into The Most Joyful Confessor

Joh_10:24-29

(Joh_20:24-31, is the pericope for St. Thomas’ Day).

24But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came. 25The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see [I see, ἴδω] in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print25 of the nails, and thrust [put] my hand into his side, I will not believe.

#194 ndpowell

ndpowell

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 04:18 PM

I love a lot of commentarys and love having the ability to view related commentary to the scriptures I am studying; however, I would also like to have some of these commentaries in my reference library for reading and study.

An example of this is John Peter Lange's commentary.  I would like that in my reference library, also, so I could browse volumes, whole books, chapters, whatever.

Is there a way to download langes as books or something that I can put in my reference library or a way to read and peruse cmtx files in  bulk.

Can I convert cmtx files to books, whatever?

Appreciate any info you can give me.

Fairly new to going in-depth with Bible Support.  Great service.  Love e-sword.

#195 ndpowell

ndpowell

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 04:47 PM

Well, I finally got into the users guide and read on commentaries and synchronizing.  It  appears I can do most of what I want there.  I am sorry I bothered ya'll (Yes, I'm from the south - VA.)  I love this stuff, though.  The Lord blesses whatever you do if it's in His name and for His glory.

Praises to God and thanks to BibleSupport.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users