Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Lange's Commentary for e-Sword

• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

#181 saved37

saved37

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCitizen of Heaven Through Christ Jesus

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:05 PM

I would like to thank all of you brothers and sisters in the Lord who are laboring hard to get these great tools in our hands. Your hard work is not in vain as this man has benefited greatly from your work on these modules. Thank you all, and may God richly bless you for helping to edify his body.
"Col 2:6 Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him,
Col 2:7 having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude."

#182 RickB

RickB

e-Sword Supporter

• Contributors
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, Colorado

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

I would like to thank all of you brothers and sisters in the Lord who are laboring hard to get these great tools in our hands. Your hard work is not in vain as this man has benefited greatly from your work on these modules. Thank you all, and may God richly bless you for helping to edify his body.

Ditto!!!! I agree totally regarding the use of esword, to futher the Kingdom, to help us understand HIS will, and above all Honor HIM!!!
All of the above names are doing just that...I absolutely do not understand RFT and such and such, but what I do understand is that some great God honoring modules have been made by you very humble men of God, that we can use to do the expressed will of God, and I will leave the know how and resourcing to Josh and his very capable men and women who by aid of Holy Spirit do all the tech stuff for us. May our Great God and Savior continue to use you and bless you, and great will be your reward when our savior we see face to face. Again TY TY Josh, DSaw, Bradley, Dr Dave Ebed, Patchwork, et all for what you accomplish through our God.
RickB

#183 RickB

RickB

e-Sword Supporter

• Contributors
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, Colorado

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:34 PM

Ditto!!!! I agree totally regarding the use of esword, to futher the Kingdom, to help us understand HIS will, and above all Honor HIM!!!
All of the above names are doing just that...I absolutely do not understand RFT and such and such, but what I do understand is that some great God honoring modules have been made by you very humble men of God, that we can use to do the expressed will of God, and I will leave the know how and resourcing to Josh and his very capable men and women who by aid of Holy Spirit do all the tech stuff for us. May our Great God and Savior continue to use you and bless you, and great will be your reward when our savior we see face to face. Again TY TY Josh, DSaw, Bradley, Dr Dave Ebed, Patchwork, et all for what you accomplish through our God.
RickB

I don't want to leave Stephen out, Brother I love you in Christ. you have brought many a smile to my face, that i have needed, you all may not know this, but i am disabled by Cancer, living one day at a time by His grace....all of you here have brought me joy uncompared, and i am far richer for knowing you all...
Excuse my momentary emotionalism...
God Bless you all
Rick B

#184 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

I have prepared an update for Lange's Commentary, incorporating your suggestions. Most errors were a typo on the verse number marker, causing the comments to appear in an unexpected verse.  A small number of Greek and Hebrew issues will also be resolved, because T4 better handles Greek and Hebrew. All together, I've made over 100 error fixes. And a few substantial fixes, such as the wrong book errors in the introduction to Exodus.

If you have noticed any errors in Lange's Commentary, please let me know so I can fix them in this release.

Josh

#185 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

Version 4 uploaded. Hundreds and hundreds of changes. Too many to list individually. I also incorporated the emails and feedback I've received since last summer. 

The most common issue was blank passages (no commentary) and misplaced passages (commentary appearing in the wrong verse). Overlapping comments were also creating problems in various books. They have been greatly reduced by incorporating the content directly into the passage as opposed to relying on overlapping comments. A large number of miscellaneous errors were also fixed, based on your feedback.

My original source documents are broken into nearly 1,100 files. About 500+ of those files were changed with this revision.

#186 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

Just curious, but when you update a file, why is it appearing as a new file on the front page instead of just updating the old one?

#187 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

I moved it there so people would see the update.

#188 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

OK, I figured it was something like that.  Thanks for the update; downloading now!

#189 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

Version 4 uploaded. Hundreds and hundreds of changes. Too many to list individually. I also incorporated the emails and feedback I've received since last summer. 

The most common issue was blank passages (no commentary) and misplaced passages (commentary appearing in the wrong verse). Overlapping comments were also creating problems in various books. They have been greatly reduced by incorporating the content directly into the passage as opposed to relying on overlapping comments. A large number of miscellaneous errors were also fixed, based on your feedback.

My original source documents are broken into nearly 1,100 files. About 500+ of those files were changed with this revision.

Thanks sincerely Brother Josh. I can only imagine how much work this was. It looks great.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#190 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

This revision wasn't too bad. The original module was a lot of work to get it into e-Sword format--and I didn't even digitize the text. I can't fathom the amount of work required to digitize that much material with the Greek and the Hebrew. It would have never happened without the text already digitized.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users