Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Liddell-Scott-Jones Lexicon of Classical Greek

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Liddell Scott Lexicon (57 member(s) have cast votes)

If the Lexicon was available for download would you

1. Yes (25 votes [43.86%])

Percentage of vote: 43.86%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Yes I would download but prefer to have it keyed to Strongs (24 votes [42.11%])

Percentage of vote: 42.11%

4. I would only if it was keyed to Strongs (8 votes [14.04%])

Percentage of vote: 14.04%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:20 PM

what's with the secret book club thing that's going on here.

AFAIK, those resources are being distributed without the knowledge, authorization, or consent of the copyright holder.

Thanks to a recent court case ruling, even linking to those resources can be prosecuted under "conspiracy to violate copyright law". Furthermore, whilst the statute explicitly states that the maximum penalty is a two year prison sentence, the defendants in that specific case were sentenced to a four year prison term.

Furthermore, DMCA provisions do not have to be followed, prior to the arrest of the alleged copyright infringer.

jonathon

#22 anh Mike

anh Mike

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationCHICAGO, IL

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:46 AM

http://bible-library...nt/l&s/main.htm,
Liddell-Scott-Jones Lexicon of Classical Greek.

dunno if this helps or not

#23 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:28 PM

Hi DSaw,
I noticed that you haven't posted any news about this project for a little while, and I'm curious as to how things are going with it. I know this much that if you are going to develop it and up load it, I'll be one of the first (depending on who's going to be actually the first one) to download it.

Just to encourage you in this, the Liddell-Scott-Jones Lexington sits amongst Lange, Bengle, and others that Josh has developed for e-Sword. It rates with the TDNT, TWOT and other great Hebrew and Greek Dictionary works that we see around. So, if you're going to put this up, I am prone to think that the serious heavy duty type Bible Student will be downloading this file.

Blessings,
Autograph.png
X (formerly Twitter)

#24 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

A Greek English Lexicon By Liddell Scott Jones keyed to Strongs had been uploaded

http://www.biblesupp...rong’s-numbers/

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#25 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:01 PM

LSJ has been updated

see for details http://www.biblesupp...rong’s-numbers/

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users