Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Liddell-Scott-Jones Lexicon of Classical Greek

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Liddell Scott Lexicon (57 member(s) have cast votes)

If the Lexicon was available for download would you

1. Yes (25 votes [43.86%])

Percentage of vote: 43.86%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Yes I would download but prefer to have it keyed to Strongs (24 votes [42.11%])

Percentage of vote: 42.11%

4. I would only if it was keyed to Strongs (8 votes [14.04%])

Percentage of vote: 14.04%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#11 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:10 PM

Dave,
I use that Liddle Scott Jones Lexicon in theWord occaisionally when I am doing word studies and I do not have nor will I ever have a PhD :). I am sure that people would use it in e sword if it was available to them.

#12 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

Personally, if I were to invest time in making a Greek lexicon, I'd make one that is Koine Greek instead of classical Greek. That is one of the MAJOR drawbacks of Strong's is that he used Classical Greek definitions even when the Koine definition would have been different in some instances.

Brad

#13 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

Truth

Is there a public domain source for a Koine Greek lexicon

And also to everyone that wants Liddell Scott Jones As I work on A manual Greek Lexicon I'm discovering ways to do LSJ so this still may be a project in the near future

Edited by DSaw, 18 April 2012 - 06:18 PM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#14 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

I don't know of any public domain Koine Greek resources. I'm going off the top of my head here, but if I remember correctly, it wasn't until relatively recently (last century or so?) that it was discovered the Greek of the Bible was the common "street Greek." It was assumed by many scholars that the Bible was written in a special, "higher" type Greek. In a lot of instances, there is no difference. In other instances, there is.

All that being said, I don't know when the lexicons started going with Koine Greek instead of classical. It may be that none were made until after the mystical Public Domain date of 1926.

#15 LarryG

LarryG

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

Is there something here?

http://www.davidcox....es.htm#Lexicons

Edited by LarryG, 18 April 2012 - 10:55 PM.

#16 BigPaw

BigPaw

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

Is there something here?

http://www.davidcox....es.htm#Lexicons

Hmm... it all looks Greek to me... :D

Was this project completed? Is this lexicon with Strong's available anywhere, please?

#17 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:02 PM

BigPaw

sorry for the late, very late reply

No this is not a module yet in fact it has not even been started yet I'm currently working on another lexicon A manual Greek lexicon of the New Testament

when finished with my current project It is my plan to start work on Liddell i cant even guess at time for completion I severely under estimated the time my current project would take and until your into a project you dont get the feel for how long it will take

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#18 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:25 PM

I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row so to speak in preparation for The Liddell Scott Jones Lexicon

there are 2 things I need

1. I need a doc of liddell scott to work from, I have created a macro for this and I'm letting it run over night so I can still work on my current project during the day

2. I need to create a list of all Greek words found in every Greek module that has a strongs number Identifying it in eSword it would have only one occurrence of each word under its Strongs number

number 2 could be a module in itself

number 2 is so no definitions are missed

Edited by DSaw, 09 June 2012 - 01:13 PM.

#19 anh Mike

anh Mike

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationCHICAGO, IL

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:56 PM

try the "word" module from their site. Best suggestion I can give you. I do not think its encyripted and I know its not password portected and text is PD. Therefore no right issues.

#20 BigPaw

BigPaw

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:16 AM

I know I would use that dictionary alongside with the other two unmentionable ones I got,

Arrgh... what's with the secret book club thing that's going on here... there are people crying out for these things... :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users