Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

SQLite component for Delphi

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ebulerdo

ebulerdo

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:39 PM

Hi

I don't know anything about programming, but someone who is preparing a tool for editing modules has asked me for some component to work with SQLite databases in Delphi.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks!

Carlos

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:34 PM

I don't know anything about programming, but someone who is preparing a tool for editing modules has asked me for some component to work with SQLite databases in Delphi.

Do you have any suggestion?

Hi Carlos,
I've done a Google search on your title, and here are a couple of websites where they can be downloaded. I dunno if whether or not they are free, so I think your friend will have to check that out for himself.

The websites:
  • http://www.devart.com/unidac/?gclid=CLLAy57Uma0CFcFKpgodZxbUlw
  • http://sqlite4delphi.sourceforge.net/ This one is a definite freebee, so I recommend that he goes there. I suggest he makes certain that there are no compatibility issues with his version of the Delphi IDE.
Hope this all works out for him.

Blessings,
Stephen (Php 1:21).
X (formerly Twitter)

#3 ebulerdo

ebulerdo

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:06 AM

Hi Stephen

I've done a Google search on your title, and here are a couple of websites where they can be downloaded. I dunno if whether or not they are free, so I think your friend will have to check that out for himself.

Thank you for your links.

I had already googled and found several such components. Howver, this friend told me he was using a component but it was too slow to be useful, so I think he wants to know what other programmers are using, something they know to work fine. So if somebody here has experience with Delphi and SQLite, please, share your experiences.

I will send him the links anyway.

Thanks!

Carlos

#4 dyan

dyan

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:52 AM

try this:

Sqlite Spy

http://www.yunqa.de/...sqlitespy/index

#5 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:52 PM

Hi Carlos,
There is Free Pascal that he could try, and use Lazarus, which is a free open source Pascal programming IDE. Also, Delphi is another name for the Pascal programming language originally put out by Borland, and now owned by Embarcadero Technologies. It is interesting to note that Lazarus is compatible to Delphi's VCL (Visual Component Libraries), and SQLite Visual Components, as this appears to what he wants to create SQLite based Software, then in reality he should have no difficulties with them.

I'm not a Delphi (Pascal) programming language user, and I really don't know much about it. However that said, the one thing I know is that the Visual Component Libraries used in (was) Borland's C++ Builder, Delphi, and Java Builder are really good. If your friend has been a long time Delphi/Pascal programmer, he would know just how versatile and compatible the VCLs are with each other.

A side note:
The Pascal programming language is named after none other than Blaise Pascal, which of coarse many of his works can be downloaded from this site .

Wishing you a wonderful and blessed Christmas, and a prosperous Christ filled New Year.

Blessings,
X (formerly Twitter)

#6 ebulerdo

ebulerdo

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:51 AM

Thank you, Stephen and Dyan

I have transmitted your suggestions to the programmer.

He's working on a tool to compare two Bible modules, in order to detect missing or duplicated verses. He wrote that tool for e-Sword 8 modules, but now he wants to support the SQLite format.

Thanks!

Carlos

#7 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:39 AM

try this:

Sqlite Spy

http://www.yunqa.de/...sqlitespy/index

The windows based version of this tool looks like a professional class DBA tool. I'm going to try that and maybe switch it it.

#8 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:04 PM

I have transmitted your suggestions to the programmer.

Hi Carlos,
Let us know how things transpire (go).

Blessings,
X (formerly Twitter)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users