Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Please Tag Your Uploads (New and Old)

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:08 PM

Most .cmtx sets are either Dispensational or Reformed; not both. Go with the major emphasis. If the editor was Methodist, then don't tag it "Baptist."

An entire Systematic (like "Mr. D's...") would be "Systematic" "Dispensational" "Baptist" - right?

Sounds good to me.

#22 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:16 PM

Hi Josh,
Could we add a category for New Testament for those categories that are only the New Testament?

Added tags for:
  • Scripture > New Testament
  • Scripture > Old Testament

#23 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:48 PM

Added tags for:

• Scripture > New Testament
  • Scripture > Old Testament

How about one "Scripture > Anagignoskomena.
Whilst such critters are few and far between, tagging them as such would help both those that you them, and those that don't use them.

jonathon

#24 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:00 PM

Complaint/concern:

please put the religious groups in the tag selection in alphabetical order. Having "Baptist" as its own section seems somewhat biased. Also, the other sections are not in alphabetical order, and it makes it interesting to find the tags I want to use.

Also, if it is not too much trouble, could we add tags like "paraphrase" "literal" for Bible translations?

#25 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:07 PM

Complaint/concern:

please put the religious groups in the tag selection in alphabetical order. Having "Baptist" as its own section seems somewhat biased. Also, the other sections are not in alphabetical order, and it makes it interesting to find the tags I want to use.

Also, if it is not too much trouble, could we add tags like "paraphrase" "literal" for Bible translations?

Oh, Baptist should be a subset of Denominations. It had an accidental *** after it.

I'll see if I can't see alphabetize the Tag selections by hand (no way to do it automatically). Some of the tags (like Scripture) are generally in the order of what we believe will be frequent use, so I'm not sure I should alphabetize those. I also shouldn't alphabetize the books of the bible, which are in canonical order. Remember, you can look at the front page to see all the tags and where they are. Also remember the display block on the Downloads page (soon to be moved to the top of that page) is ordered by resource number so it will not appear in alphabetical order. I'll also add those tags under Scripture.

Edited by Josh Bond, 21 December 2011 - 11:11 PM.

#26 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:29 PM

Alright, added:

Scripture > Paraphrase
Scripture > Literal

And alphabetized where it makes sense. Doesn't make sense to alphabetize the Scripture tags because they're largely in canonical order. Also, it didn't make sense to alphabetize the date-based tags under History. The rest are alphabetized now on the Tag Selection screen when you edit/upload a file.

#27 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:55 AM

How about entire collections from various authors? Example W.E. Best Collection. Could we have a tag "Collection"?

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#28 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:15 AM

Thanks, Josh. I wasn't suggesting changing the order of the books of the Bible. Sorry if it came across that way.

Brad

#29 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:39 PM

Josh,

Can we get a "goofball" tag?

Brad

#30 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:49 PM

Josh, when you said

"Also, any new file uploaded without at least a meaningful sentence or two description of the file's contents or the file will be unapproved until you can provide one."

Does that mean that if I were to upload several files by the same author, I would need to include something other than (or in addition to) a short bio of the author as the description of the module? Meaning that if all 30 (or however many) of the modules had the exact same description (the bio), that would not be acceptable?

Just asking for future reference.

Brad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users