Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Please Tag Your Uploads (New and Old)

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#11 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:24 PM

leaving behind the 2,000 .brpxs....

I get not wanting to add "commentary" as a tag; is it possible to only have it available to add as a .topx tag? If not, could you add a synonym, like "Exposition" or "Expository" or "Exegetical" as a tag?

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#12 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:35 PM

Is this for resources like your Proverbs files—resources available as a commentary and topics? What we really need is for IPBoard to support cross posting resources so a resource could be uploaded to one category and cross-listed in another category as well, without the hassle of maintaining two uploads (which would also solve the issue).

if the idea is to convey the resource is available as a topic and a commentary although it's only uploaded into one category, then would a tag like "Commentary and Topic" work for these resources?

#13 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:43 PM

no - I don't think we're communicating.

There are 100+ conservative commentaries that are .topx files. An example - "Ridout, Samuel - Lectures on the Book of Judges.topx." I'd like some way to be able to see all of these commentaries that are in .topx format without having to look through 66-75 different tags.

Dave

#14 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:09 PM

So we have "a failure to communicate"? Good thing we have chat! Ok, per our chat, I've created the Expository Topics tag for these resources.

#15 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:53 PM

Hi Josh,
What about full Bible commentaries...

For example, would I the Chuck Smith commentary under all of the following tags:
Scripture/Whole Bible
Denominations/Calvary Chapel

Is the Scripture/Whole Bible category just for Bibles or for whole Bible commentaries?

Would you also put a whole Bible commentary under something like theology/dispensational or would you leave commentaries out of the theology category?

#16 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:05 PM

Hi Josh,
What about full Bible commentaries...

For example, would I the Chuck Smith commentary under all of the following tags:
Scripture/Whole Bible
Denominations/Calvary Chapel

Is the Scripture/Whole Bible category just for Bibles or for whole Bible commentaries?

Would you also put a whole Bible commentary under something like theology/dispensational or would you leave commentaries out of the theology category?

I'd put Chuck Smith under Whole Bible (since he has comments for each book of the Bible) and Calvary Chapel and maybe even Dispensational. I think we should tag commentaries as theological if a tag can apply. What do you think?

#17 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:08 PM

I think it is ok to tag them as theological. It is just that most of them probably cover a lot of different areas of theology, so I did not know how far I should go with it...

Also, on a systematic theology file, would you put that under systematic theology only or under each specific area that it covers also like Bibliology, Christology, Eschatology ect...?

#18 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:14 PM

I think it is ok to tag them as theological. It is just that most of them probably cover a lot of different areas of theology, so I did not know how far I should go with it...

Also, on a systematic theology file, would you put that under systematic theology only or under each specific area that it covers also like Bibliology, Christology, Eschatology ect...?

Right, I thought that too, some commentaries might use half f the tags if you try to include everything discussed. If I knew the areas discussed in a systematic theology resource off-hand, I would include them. I'm not sure I'd go reading a resource again just to find every single possible tag (taking it to the nth degree and consuming a lot of time).

#19 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:22 PM

Most .cmtx sets are either Dispensational or Reformed; not both. Go with the major emphasis. If the editor was Methodist, then don't tag it "Baptist."

An entire Systematic (like "Mr. D's...") would be "Systematic" "Dispensational" "Baptist" - right?

Dave

#20 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:34 PM

Hi Josh,
Could we add a category for New Testament for those categories that are only the New Testament?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users