Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

College Press Commentary Set (1950's/60's Version)

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#31 anh Mike

anh Mike

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationCHICAGO, IL

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:12 AM

Good news bad news!!!!

Good news all of Daniel proofread 2x (and nearly complete.)
proofread ½ through strauss’ revelation (better copy, less OCR errors)

bad news:
No OCR or partial for Daniel: 131, 135, 358
No OCR but Optional on charts 356, 411

This is why it's nearly complete.

#32 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:51 AM

That is good news! I can type the text from those missing pages. I've had to do that a few times before on my projects when a page was missing entirely, or disfigured so badly that it would not scan. In this case, I think we can just re-ocr the scanned pages.

#33 grechmt

grechmt

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:43 AM

Did the College Press Bible Study Textbook/Old Green Commentary Set become available? I have not found it on the site. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

#34 anh Mike

anh Mike

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationCHICAGO, IL

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

send me the pages OCRed or typed. I will complete the book. still working on strauss. 100 pages (word) still to go. I've noticed that minor prophets 2 will have similar problems as Daniel. OCR errors. Just a warnning. I will not build the module, cuz I have other work reading through. I send to whoever makes module.

#35 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:14 PM

Did the College Press Bible Study Textbook/Old Green Commentary Set become available? I have not found it on the site. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Not quite yet - close. Here's the latest news on this:

http://www.biblesupport.com/topic/1520-college-press-commentary-set-1950s60s-version/

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#36 anh Mike

anh Mike

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationCHICAGO, IL

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:15 AM

got me OCR and scanner so now Daniel can be complete and the universe restored to harmony and that the LORD will not return in judgment because the words of Daniel being incomplete. I finished 1st proofreading of Strauss Revelation. Half way through Epshesians, because it has less OCR errors.

Michael

#37 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:22 AM

Nice! What are you doing with the finished text? Are you making a module of it, or you compiling the clean text for a module maker? If you want someone to make a module from the text, I'm happy to help.

Josh

#38 anh Mike

anh Mike

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationCHICAGO, IL

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

Daniel charts 356, 411 done somewhat. charts 356 is time lines so did what I could. chart 411 is a map w. list of events. list of events done but the Map???? ideas might be helpful. Otherwise Daniel & Strauss Revelation are complete. Ephesians 2n proofreading thru ch 4.16.

ur update for the holidays

Michael

#39 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

hi Michael,

If you upload the file here on the forum. I can make the map or would you want it part of the commentary. or another option is have a small picture like an icon then tell the people to open the map (graphics) to see the big picture of it.

thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#40 anh Mike

anh Mike

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationCHICAGO, IL

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

Here is the list pasted: You can post a page text/map and I will put into the commentary and give to whom builds the module.

The site has permission to build not distribute a text copy. In other words I do not want to be responsible for posting copyrighted material for distribution w/o site permission. I am not trying to be mr. righteous but at least it will not be my fault this time.

323-285 Ptolemy I (Soter) 11:5; appointed his prince Seleucus Nicator to take charge of Babylonia & Syria

285-247 Ptolemy II (Philadelphus) 11:6 married his daughter Berenice to Antiochus II

247-222 Ptolemy III (Euergetes) 11:7-8 ancestry of Berenice in retaliation invaded Syria winning great victory

222-205 Ptolemy IV (Philopater) 11:10-12 enraged at Ant. III raises a multitude and goes forth to meet him with 70,000 infantry, 5000 cavalry; Ant. III defeated near Raphia

204-181 Ptolemy V (Epiphanes)

181-145 Ptolemy VI (Philometor) & Ptolemy Pyscon

1. Seleucus Nicator 312-280 his dominion exceeded Ptolemy's

2. Antiochus I, 280-261

3. Antiochus II (Theos) 26.17-46 married already to Laodice; divorced Berenice at death of her father; took Laodice back; she had Ant. II murdered and Seleucus II took the throne

4. Seleucus II 246-226 regained his power after Ptolemy III marched against him but was defeated in 240.

5. Seleucus Ceraunus 226-223 Seleucus II

6. Antiochus III (The Great) 222-187 was stirred up and renewed operations against Egypt.

7. Ant. III, after Raphia, goes against Egypt using some of the Jews and defeats Ptolemy Dan. 11:13-15

8. Ant. III conquers Palestine, 11:16

9. Ant. III marries his daughter Cleopatra to Ptolemy V but she takes a stand with her husband against her father. 11:17.

10. Ant. III invades Asia Minor and Greece; defeated at Magnesia 11:18-19

11. Ant. III returns home and is murdered.

12. Seleucus Philopator causes an exactor to go through the land collecting money.

13. Antiochus IV (Epiphanes) 11:21-45

14. Antiochus IV dies, 12:8-13

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users