Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

eSword new features wish list

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:03 PM

Hi

I would like to see abbr., tool-tips

So in the sentence above abbr. = Abbreviation you would hover over abbr. and a tool tip with Abbreviation would pop-up

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:39 PM

Errr! Could you explain further please and expand what you mean by "Abbreviation" as there are many kinds of them floating around. Best way is to give an example of what you are talking about.

Blessings,
Stephen (Php 1:21).
X (formerly Twitter)

#3 Fireandsalt

Fireandsalt

e-Sword Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:46 PM

Errr! Could you explain further please and expand what you mean by "Abbreviation" as there are many kinds of them floating around. Best way is to give an example of what you are talking about.

Blessings,
Stephen (Php 1:21).

It seems pretty clear to me. Hover over abbr and a tool tip "pop-up" would display the word abbreviation. This is a standard (although depreciated) command in HTML4.

#4 Fireandsalt

Fireandsalt

e-Sword Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:48 PM

abbr like this... hover over abbr...

#5 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:49 PM

One thing I would like to see incorporated is the ability within e-Sword to gather tabs together. For example, have one tab for Greek (or original languages), one tab for KJV-related (AKJV, NKJV, RKJV, KJV-PCE, etc...). But the tabe need to be customizable. There are some bibles that I still want access to, but I use them so infrequently that it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they weren't across the tabs.

Or perhaps an option to "hide" certain tabs (with the other option of "show all").

Also, an option to create commentaries or Bible versions from within e-Sword (no offense to ToolTip tool).

BCobb

#6 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:39 PM

One thing I would like to see incorporated is the ability within e-Sword to gather tabs together. For example, have one tab for Greek (or original languages), one tab for KJV-related (AKJV, NKJV, RKJV, KJV-PCE, etc...). But the tabe need to be customizable. There are some bibles that I still want access to, but I use them so infrequently that it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they weren't across the tabs.

Or perhaps an option to "hide" certain tabs (with the other option of "show all").

Also, an option to create commentaries or Bible versions from within e-Sword (no offense to ToolTip tool).

BCobb

I have that same wish just implemented differently I see custom toolbars that one could load up with as you said Greek Hebrew and and certain bibles

One would have a Greek toolbar with all the Greek bibles and a Hebrew tollbar with all Hebrew Bibles Etc.

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#7 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:45 AM

This is a good idea--I've seen the feature implemented elsewhere, in dictionaries I think.

#8 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:43 AM

in TW, you can have tabs for

1) Hebrew Dictionaries (TWOT, BDB, Strong's, etc.)
2) Greek Dictionaries (BDAG, Thayer, Strong's, etc.)
3) Theological Dictionaries (CARM, Chafer, etc.)
4) Bible (ISBE, Bridgeway, etc.)
5) General (Webster, etc.)
6) Whatever Else You Want

Dictionaries may be in multiple tabs. You'll notice that Strong's can be in both Hebrew and Greek. Every dictionary can be in multiple tabs. Try doing that in your real world bookshelf!

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#9 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:30 PM

Dictionaries may be in multiple tabs. You'll notice that Strong's can be in both Hebrew and Greek. Every dictionary can be in multiple tabs. Try doing that in your real world bookshelf!

OK! give me a huge room full of bookshelves, 3 Librarians, and multiple copies of the same book..... yeah like that will ever happen LOL

#10 vanschoonhoven

vanschoonhoven

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:52 PM

The ability to make collections and search them. This allows for different grouping of your books and narrows down returns on searches makeing them more useful. For example If I have 3500 books and run a search on something I get a lot of not very helpfull answers, but if I can limit my search to a select group of books the answers are more likely meanful. Examples of collections would be all my theology books or all my historical books or all my Chaffer books. I would not want to search my theology books for historical topics the hits would most likely not apply. This feature greatly changes your ability to study more in ashorter period of time and is great for doing college work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users