Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Changes to Download area

13 replies to this topic

#11 Ebed Doulos

Ebed Doulos

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:24 PM

There is some functionality in e-Sword 7.7.7, that is not in e-Sword 8.x, or e-Sword 9.x.

jonathon

As a favor, please tell us what functionality e-Sword 7.7.7 has but which is lacking in e-Sword 8.x, or e-Sword 9.x.

The "karma" arrows are at equilibrium now.
Posted Image

#12 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:02 PM

Hey, Josh,

At the time I upgraded from 8x to 9x, I was a novice at this eSword stuff. Not only that, but I had a lot of resources I didn't want to lose. And not only that; there was almost zero help on the previous user site for converting because no one had written anything on it yet. But I forged ahead, and converted. It was relatively easy - and I've never looked back.

From my experience, the only resources that wouldn't convert are either 1) premium resources; or 2) pirated resources. And it's relatively easy to upgrade premium resources. (It makes me wonder about those who gripe about having a ton of resources that won't convert.)

Once 9.5 came out (with docking windows), who would want to go back?!

At www.DoctorDaveT.com, we don't host pre-9x modules at all. I think it is a waste of time to build resources that the creator will not support. I wrote a couple of blogs about the conversion at the former users site; I think I'll go get them, put them up at DDT, and then put a few links here. One is a "how to" and one is a "how come you haven't" (which I wrote with a humorous slant). I think you'll enjoy reading them.

The first one (the "how to") is now up on the front page top position at www.DoctorDaveT.com. I'll get the "why not?" one up by next weekend.

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#13 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:33 AM

Forget the ratings drama. :)

OK, no sacred cows. :D

#14 mishle

mishle

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:36 PM

I also wonder what was in e-sword 7 version that people don't want to upgrade? I have meet a few people that were advocates for not upgrading to version 9 to the point of bashing people that did upgrade.
-Mishle

--
Proverbs 6:23
For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:
--

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users