Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

J Vernon McGee Commentary

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Antares

Antares

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationA rescue shop within a yard of Hell

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:51 PM

I was given a gift of J Vernon McGee's Thru The Bible commentary which covered the books of Genesis through James, I believe.

However, when I updated to the newest version of E-Sword, I lost it. I'm not sure what happened, aside from the fact that the format it is in is not compatible with the new version.

When I attempted to use the converter, I was asked for a password.

So now, my question is this: What do I do? I really got a lot from that commentary, and I would like to have it back. Any feedback is appreciated, though I certainly hope someone has got an idea for updating it!

Thanks in advance!

Posted Image

#2 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:32 PM

This is a premium e sword module. If you did not purchase it originally, you will have to purchase it from e study source.

#3 Antares

Antares

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:51 PM

Well, no- I did not purchase it personally, but a friend did.  He does not actually use E-Sword, so it has been on my computer only.  

Is there some way of providing proof of purchase or something along those lines to someone?  I just updated about 4 months ago, I guess, and had been using that module for only two months prior to that.  It seems a waste to have to spend another full $35 (or thereabouts, I assume) when I am the rightful owner.

Posted Image

#4 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:54 PM

I think your friend would have to go to e study source for you to get the updated version.... Or e sword.net depending on where they originally purchased it.

#5 Antares

Antares

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:58 PM

All right- Guess I'll ask him again where he bought it.  Shoot- It really stinks that this happened, because I've been in a Bible class that uses Dr. McGee as its main curriculum.  Heh.

Posted Image

#6 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:08 PM

Antares - if your friend purchased the module for you as a gift, get the account information from him. Logging in and upgrading yourself will then be quite simple.

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#7 StandingFirm

StandingFirm

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:37 PM

Antares, even if you have to purchase it, it is a real deal. It is only $40.00, probably less than it costs for a dinner out or what it would cost you to go to a concert and will give you many hours of enjoyment. I checked the price of it with two other Bible software companies, one of them has it at $80.00 and the other at $90.00 so you are getting it at half price at least. Just a thought, most of us spend hundreds of dollars for food (physical nourishment) each month, but spend very little on our spiritual nourishment. A loaf of bread lasts a day but the living bread lasts through eternity. There is a wealth of free materials here at biblesupport and we should take advantage of it but don't hesitate to invest in other resources when you need them.

#8 Ebed Doulos

Ebed Doulos

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:48 PM

That reminds me of a statement byDesiderius Erasmus Roterdamus aka Erasmus, who first published Greek New Testament which was destined to be the Textus Receptus. Anyway, Erasmus definitely had his priorities correct:

When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.

Posted Image

#9 StandingFirm

StandingFirm

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:12 PM

Sounds like a man after my own heart. Thanks for sharing that.

#10 Ginger Weirich

Ginger Weirich

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:34 AM

I read through this topic yesterday as J. Vernon McGee's Thru the Bible (books and/or audio) is a set I have "coveted" for many, many years. While downloading from this site this morning, I ran across eStudySource.com, which is geared to add-ons for e-sword. The Thru the Bible download here lists for $39.99. Considering book sets of Thru the Bible can run more than $200, $39.99 seems like a very small price to pay. Unfortunately, I do not have the funds for purchasing anything right now, but I have bookmarked that site for future reference. If anyone finds the e-sword Thru the Bible for less than $39.99, I would very much appreciate knowing. Thanks, and God bless!
In His Perfect Love,
Ginger <*(((><

(Acts 17:11 KJV) These [Bereans] were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. [emphases added]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users