Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Format for creating a dictionary

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#11 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:49 PM

Ahhh well, happens to everyone at some point. :)

#12 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:09 PM

I once relayed a story about how the only time I met a former senator from Illinois (now deceased), he made fun of me (I was at state fair for a sewing project in 4-H). He said, "that's kinda girly isn't it?" So, the only time I met the guy, he made fun of me. As I am telling that story, my wife chimes in with, "doesn't everybody, dear?"

So, I guess she is right. :)

Brad

#13 yvehill

yvehill

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:30 PM

Along the same lines of dictionary creation... I formatted a test run RTF with all text except greek as \f0 and greek words as \f1. In T4 under Modules: If I choose "Font size set by e-sword" then create the module all my superscripts go away and my greek does not display in the right font (TITUS). If instead I choose "Include RTF header" all the fonts and superscripts display ok but I loose my first line dictionary entry title (like G1 for strong's dictionary). If I have to use "Include RTF header" will that limit user's flexibility in e-sword to change default fonts, etc and how can I get the "G1" to display? If I use "Font size set by e-sword" how do I format superscripts and the greek font?

As a side note, in your ToolTip NT-95.pdf (which is GREAT by the way, thank you!) on page 49, I found that for "nosort" I actually had to set it to 1 to stop the sorting instead of 0.Attached File  TEST.rtf   2.44K   5 downloads

#14 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:35 PM

Along the same lines of dictionary creation... I formatted a test run RTF with all text except greek as \f0 and greek words as \f1. In T4 under Modules: If I choose "Font size set by e-sword" then create the module all my superscripts go away and my greek does not display in the right font (TITUS). If instead I choose "Include RTF header" all the fonts and superscripts display ok but I loose my first line dictionary entry title (like G1 for strong's dictionary). If I have to use "Include RTF header" will that limit user's flexibility in e-sword to change default fonts, etc and how can I get the "G1" to display? If I use "Font size set by e-sword" how do I format superscripts and the greek font?

As a side note, in your ToolTip NT-95.pdf (which is GREAT by the way, thank you!) on page 49, I found that for "nosort" I actually had to set it to 1 to stop the sorting instead of 0.Attached File  TEST.rtf   2.44K   5 downloads

Make sure Use Old RTF is not selected. Make sure Font Size Set by e-Sword is selected. Do not include the RTF header. And output the module with the latest version of T4. I can't remember how Brent decided to leave superscripts in this latest version of T4 (the beta's changed around some I think). This might work. Please report back.

#15 yvehill

yvehill

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

Make sure Use Old RTF is not selected. Make sure Font Size Set by e-Sword is selected. Do not include the RTF header. And output the module with the latest version of T4. I can't remember how Brent decided to leave superscripts in this latest version of T4 (the beta's changed around some I think). This might work. Please report back.

Hi Josh, nice to meet you. Here is a snap shot of the output module as you specified. I have v 1.05 and it says it's up to date. The "G1" displays but the greek (letter a at the beginning of the line) is not the right font and the blue in the section should all be superscript. (N-LI, T, INJ, N-NUI). I uploaded the RTF in the first post.
Attached File  Untitled.jpg   45.36K   7 downloads

#16 yvehill

yvehill

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

It's actually strange because the exact same string (\plain\f0\fs16\cf3\up6) precedes N-LI and N-NUI but one is raised and the other isn't.

#17 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

========================================
Version 1.06 - 4/1/2012
========================================
-- Fixed - Super/Sub scripts was being only applied to BBLX modules. Now works with DEVX, DCTX, CMTX .

Attached Files

#18 yvehill

yvehill

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

Thank you so much. I'll download now.

#19 yvehill

yvehill

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:13 AM

I drove it around the block again and the superscripts look great... but the greek font isn't displaying as the e-sword default TITUS. I expanded the sample file so it was easier to see. I have all the greek tagged with \f1, everything else is \f0.Attached File  TEST.rtf   3.91K   4 downloadsAttached File  Untitled.jpg   49.71K   7 downloads

#20 yvehill

yvehill

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:59 AM

Bump on the previous post. Also, I've noticed for some time that with these greek files if only the last bit of a verse (with superscript) wraps to the next line then the top of it gets cut off. I've experimented with formatting a space at the end with the greek font in an attempt to force the height up but it didn't work. Any ideas of something we can add at the end of each verse so that no matter what resizing of the window a user does that last bit will fully display? Here is a pic of what I mean.
Attached File  Untitled.jpg   37.75K   7 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users