Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Instructions for Making Your Own MySword Modules

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#11 Greg H

Greg H

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:28 AM

Hi,
I was able to follow most of the instructions from above from PfPeller's article, however, when I tried to hunt down the file
System.Data.SQLite.DLL
I was not able to find it. I turned on 'show hidden and sytem files' (and anything else that looked promising) but to no avail. I have Win7 sp1 64 bit version.
Could you tell me where it might be hiding please?

Thanks for your help.
Blessings,
Greg H.

#12 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:12 AM

Hi,
I was able to follow most of the instructions from above from PfPeller's article, however, when I tried to hunt down the file
System.Data.SQLite.DLL
I was not able to find it. I turned on 'show hidden and sytem files' (and anything else that looked promising) but to no avail. I have Win7 sp1 64 bit version.
Could you tell me where it might be hiding please?

Thanks for your help.
Blessings,
Greg H.

Hi Greg,
There should be a folder called "x64" inside your MySwordMigrationTools folder. You need to copy the file inside this folder and overwrite the same file in the MySwordMigrationTools folder.
I hope this helps.
Blessings,
Peter

#13 Greg H

Greg H

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

Hi Peter,
Thanks for your help. I think I can safely quote my favourite philiosopher by saying "I feel somewhat akin to a fool!" Somehow I got it into my mind that the file would be in the Systems area, which is obviously not the case when one reads the instructions correctly.

I was able to correctly get one file across. I did have trouble with a file which has Greek text. The file came across but when I checked it on my phone, any character which had any additional parts to it (tilda's, apostrophes etc, Diacritics?, sorry I cannot think of the work at the moment), anyway those characters appear as the rectangular boxes. I understand that the operating system does this when it cannot display that character.

I downloaded Notepad++ and had a look at the file but any time I attempted to do the "Encoding->Convert to UTF-8 without BOM" and then save the file, I ended up with a file 1K in size. I clearly still have more to learn here as well.

Thanks again for you help so far.

Regards,
Greg H.

#14 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:58 PM

Greg H,

I am not verry good with the Greek charachter thing myself. Sometimes if you change fonts from the preferences within MySword you will be able to see the charachters. Some types of charachters are not supported.

The best place for Greek charachter questions would be the mysword forum because I just haven't gotten up to speed on it yet. http://www.flickr.com/groups/mysword/

If you have a file you are struggling with and you want me to try, you can send it to me at pfpeller@yahoo.com.

Blessings,
Peter

• Guests

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

I tried evtything, but the pictures seems dont wont to bee converted to mysword modules. Any sugestion? There is a book with pictures for mysword, but i cant make a one with Converting tool.

#16 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:30 PM

Vlady100,
What kind of picutures are they? Are they jpg or png?

#17 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:06 PM

Vlady100,
What kind of picutures are they? Are they jpg or png?

If your going from e-Sword -> theWord -> MySword, I've noticed PNG don't come through. Only jpg seem to convert.

#18 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

If your going from e-Sword -> theWord -> MySword, I've noticed PNG don't come through. Only jpg seem to convert.

PNG will work usually if you run detect all verse references routine in theWord and then migrate to MySword. If you convert from rvf to MySword.

#19 Kayo Henrique Fernandes

Kayo Henrique Fernandes

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

This one is the solution that worked for me! I converted all .bblx esword modules i had in portuguese to mysword! http://www.biblesupp...les-to-mysword/

#20 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

This one is the solution that worked for me! I converted all .bblx esword modules i had in portuguese to mysword! http://www.biblesupp...les-to-mysword/

This solution is easier I would imagine for going directly from e sword to MySword. If you have a 64 bit system it is really the only option for e sword 9x Bibles without asking someone else for help.

Thanks to Athiest Rob for making this available.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users