Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Instructions for Making Your Own MySword Modules

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#1 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:21 PM

Here is how to make your own MySword modules:

Eventually when I get time I will add some screenshots and more detail.

Step 1

Download the migration tools from www.mysword.info on their downloads page. They will install in the c directory under MySwordMigrationTools.
http://www.mysword.i...migration-tools

Step 2 (For E sword module migration only)
If you are converting an e sword module, you need to download the theWord importer here:
http://www.theword.n...tools&l=english
You need to install and use this module to import the e sword file to a theWord file.

Step 3 theWord file preparation for existing theWord files (if you started with an e sword file, go to step 4)

To complete this step you will need some familiarity with theWord Bible software from http://www.theword.net/

For existing theWord files, you need to make sure that the module is not compressed and not encrypted. You can decompress a theWord module by opening theWord, finding the module, and right clicking on the module abbreviation to open the module properties. From the 2nd tab you can uncheck the module compression and it will decompress the theWord module

Step 4 Paste the theWord module into the MySword migration tools folder

Step 5 For 64 bit Windows operating systems

Copy and paste the System.Data.SQLite.DLL file from the x64 folder in MySword migration tools into the main MySword migration tools folder. This will overwrite the file that is for 32 bit versions of Windows.

Step 6 Open command prompt and navigate to the MySwordMigration Tools Directory (you may not need to do this step, see instructions for the module you are trying to make below first)

Once you have a theWord module in the MySwordMigrationTools Folder, then go to go to start/run and enter cmd and press enter to bring up the command prompt.

Once you are inside the command prompt, I always enter "cd .." without the quotes twice to get back to the main C: directory.
Enter "CD MySwordMigrationTools" without the quotes and press enter to change to MySwordMigrationTools directory.

Step 7 Create the MySword Module using the procedure for the appropriate module type below
Migrating TheWord Bible Modules

From the MySword migration tools folder drag and drop the theWord file on top of the theWordBible2MySword.exe file and the command prompt may open automatically and create the MySword file. If this does not work, try the steps below.

In the Command Prompt, if the module to be migrated is bbe.ont and is
placed in the same folder where the executables are, type the following:

TheWordBible2MySword bbe.ont

This will create bbe.bbl.mysword. You can now just copy this file into your
selected Modules Path/Folder in your Android device.

Please note that the TheWord .ot, .nt or .ont file must be in UTF-8 format
for the migration to be successful unless only 7-bit ASCII characters are
in the file. To determine if the file is in UTF-8 format, you can open it
in Notepad++ and go to the Encoding menu. To change the format to UTF-8
format, select Encoding->Convert to UTF-8 without BOM, then save the file.
You can also opt to use UTF-8 with BOM if you want. After this, you can now
use TheWordBible2MySword.

You can also check the resulting SQLite database outside MySword by using
Firefox SQLite Manager plugin/extension. Open the migrated file and check
the contents by going to Bible table and selecting Browse & Search tab.
Check if there are no problems with the text.

Migrating TheWord Commentary Modules

From the MySword migration tools folder drag and drop the theWord file on top of the theWordCommentary2MySword.exe file and the command prompt may open automatically and create the MySword file. If this does not work, try the steps below.

In the Command Prompt, if the module to be migrated is tsk.cmt.twm and is
placed in the same folder where the executables are, type the following:

TheWordCommentary2MySword tsk.cmt.twm

This will create tsk.cmt.mysword. You can now just copy this file into your
selected Modules Path/Folder in your Android device.

You can also use Firefox SQLite Manager plugin/extension to see the output
SQLite database without using MySword. Check the Commentary table.

Migrating TheWord Dictionary Modules

From the MySword migration tools folder drag and drop the theWord file on top of the theWordDictionary2MySword.exe file and the command prompt may open automatically and create the MySword file. If this does not work, try the steps below.

In the Command Prompt, if the module to be migrated is eastons.dct.twm and
is placed in the same folder where the executables are, type the following:

TheWordDictionary2MySword eastons.dct.twm

This will create eastons.dct.mysword. You can now just copy this file into
your selected Modules Path/Folder in your Android device.

SQLite database without using MySword. Check the Dictionary table.

Migrating TheWord Book/Devotional/Graphics Modules

TheWord General Book (*.gbk.twm) Devotional (*.dev.twm) and Maps/Graphics
(*.map.twm) all have the same format and can be migrated to MySword v.2.0
Journal or Book format (*.bok.mybible). This migration program will
automatically use the extention .bok.mybible but you can always rename it
to .jor.mybible. Also, the migration program will automatically set the
readonly field in the details table to 1. If you intend to allow editing
of the journal/book in MySword, you will have to set it to 0 manually
(please see below on how you can use Firefox and SQLite manager to do
that). But please note that Journal/Book editing in MySword is limited to
7 entries if the Premium Version is not activated. This can be activated
for a generous donation of any amount to support MySword development,
hosting and support.

From the MySword migration tools folder drag and drop the theWord file on top of the theWordBook2MySword.exe file and the command prompt may open automatically and create the MySword file. If this does not work, try the steps below.

In the Command Prompt, if the module to be migrated is wight-manners.gbk.twm and
is placed in the same folder where the executables are, type the following:

TheWordBook2MySword wight-manners.gbk.twm

This will create wight-manners.bok.mysword. You can now just copy this file into
your selected Modules Path/Folder in your Android device.

SQLite database without using MySword.

9. Migration Errors

Note that Bible References that do not have correct book number and chapter
number will not be properly migrated (so there will be no link) but the
migration process will still continue. The errors are reported to the
console though.

10. Known Issues

The migration program will crash in case of IO Exceptions like the one
triggered when the .mysword file is opened in Firefox SQLite Manager or
you are running the wrong version of System.Data.SQLite.DLL (32-bit in a
64-bit Windows for example).

#2 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:27 PM

All,
Someone posted these instructions for making MySword Bibles from e sword bblx files and I tried it on two bblx files from www.biblesupport.com and it worked! Just rename the bblx file from .bblx to .bbl.myblible and the Bible will work in MySword. It appears to be that simple! Very strange! Here is the instructions I got:

The conversion is simply rename e-sword bible module

1.- Rename .bblx to .bbl.mybible
2.-Upload this bible into mysword folder where you can find other bibles in Android device
3.- Open mysword for Android and you can find the Bible.
4.-Enjoy file:///C:\Users\pellp0\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.gif

Blessings,
Peter

#3 tanquest

tanquest

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:52 AM

Looks to me it's a good migration tool. Just that I am looking for one that allows to migrate from Pocket e-sword bible modules. I am used to the NIV bible which I have a copy on my pocket esword win mobile 6. Can't find the NIV from mysword.

#4 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:18 PM

Looks to me it's a good migration tool. Just that I am looking for one that allows to migrate from Pocket e-sword bible modules. I am used to the NIV bible which I have a copy on my pocket esword win mobile 6. Can't find the NIV from mysword.

tanquest, we cannot convert NIV to MySword because it is copyrighted and we do not have permission. The MySword developers have decided not to pursue modules that they would have to sell at this time.

If you have to have NIV, you will have to use another program on your android like Cadre Bible. I have decided to use the many English Bibles that have been made freely available because I am fed up with man thinking they can claim rights over the Word of God. I have recently come to view this as an almost unspeakable evil. I know I am in the minority on that one.

MySword has the most enjoyable interface for mobile Bible study software I have ever used, I hope you can find another translation that you enjoy within MySword. Try ISV or NHEB if you have not already.

Blessings,
Peter

#5 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:22 PM

Just that I am looking for one that allows to migrate from Pocket e-sword bible modules.

The odds are that such a tool won't be created. For starters, Pocket e-Sword is very poorly documented. Secondly, Pocket e-Sword is no longer being developed, or maintained. Thirdly, virtually all of the resources that were available for Pocket e-Sword, were/are also available for e-Sword.

All that said, a tool that migrates content created by the user, from within Pocket e-Sword, to e-Sword format would be useful for some.

juonathon

#6 DV_Boyz

DV_Boyz

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:29 PM

Thanks for your Bible conversion instructions. I have successfully converted the NASB, NIV, and NLT that I purchased to MySword.

Now I would like to transfer my 7000+ notes to an editable MySword journal (I have been creating electronic notes and journal entries since 1999). The notes are not tied to specific verses - they are just general Bible topics/issues/notes.

How do you recommend I do this?

All my notes exist in a spreadsheet. The spreadsheet columns are:

Note title
Note category (there are only 6 categories)
Keywords-tags (there are around 125 different tags, and a note can have multiple tags)
Note content (I try to keep the notes under 4000 characters).

There are only 6 categories, and the category is reflected in the keywords, so this is a redundant element that can go away if needed. Also, the tags can be combined with the note content if necessary.

I have access to Windows XP 32bit, Windows 7 64bit, MS Access, MS Excel, and the usual text editors.

Thanks.

Dan

#7 DV_Boyz

DV_Boyz

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:31 PM

I forgot to mention that I would like to preserve the tags, if possible, since MySword supports tags.

#8 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:32 AM

DV_Boyz,
Sorry I did not get back to you sooner, been swamped the last few days. I see you also posted on the MySword forum and they can provide better help. I would have to use tool tip to convert your notes to an e sword topic, then migrate to theWord and then migrate to MySword. They may have a better way.
Blessings,
Peter

#9 Watchman317

Watchman317

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:41 AM

Thanks for your Bible conversion instructions. I have successfully converted the NASB, NIV, and NLT that I purchased to MySword...

Dan

@ DV_Boyz - What was your NASB source program (Esword; The Word)? I have the NASB modules (PC and Pocket PC) from Esword. I have attempted the rename process (application error) and "The Word Import Tool" (encryption failure) for both the PC and Pocket PC versions (.bblx and .bbl) without success. Can you explain how you successfully converted your NASB module? I would be willing to purchase the right module from another progam if necessary to make this work.
Thanks Phil

#10 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:23 AM

Watchman317, we cannot discuss these things in the forum as converting copyrighted enrypted modules from one software to another is a copyright vioilation.
Blessings,
Peter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users