Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Convert 9x-10x files back to 8x?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:24 AM

Because he doesn't want to go through the hassle of converting all his modules over to 9x or having to re-download all of them. I'm working on him, though. :)

Brad

#12 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:30 AM

He doesn't want to go to the hassle to convert 8.x to 9.x, but you should go to the hassle of converting 9.x to 8.x? Lol, you're a better man than I...

#13 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,867 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:18 PM

He doesn't want to go to the hassle to convert 8.x to 9.x, but you should go to the hassle of converting 9.x to 8.x? Lol, you're a better man than I...

Josh,
Ya really gotta love the bloke. May be a glutton for punishment, he may have a sever masochistic streak in him, but nevertheless, ya gotta love the bloke. Saying to him that he's keen would be a total understatement I reckon. :lol: <<< Actually that's not a very good emoticon.

[attachment=264:LOL.gif] <<<this one's way better

Blessings,
Stephen (Php 1:21)

Edited by APsit190, 07 December 2011 - 03:22 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#14 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:26 PM

I much prefer the term "spiffy," and I use it all the time. However, I urge caution. I was in St. Louis some years back and the man working at Popeye's Chicken asked how I was doing. "Spiffy!" I replied. To which he gave me a strange look and quickly turned to his manager and said, "guy said he spiffy. What that mean?" (the poor grammar in quotes is not a typo). The manager, after assuring him that "spiffy" was not a racial slur but just a sign of goofiness, sent him back to the window. The man then looked at me and said, "that's cool."

Beware the spiffiness!

Brad

#15 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,867 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:50 PM

I would like to know why he want to stay with v8-?

Well, there's some that are just like that ... they just prefer to stay with what they know and are just quite content and happy with it. For them, they really don't need the features presented in the newer versions. Moreover, they could be just using e-Sword as a virtual wide margin loose leaf Bible where they can simply take their own notes. And if that is the case, then realistically they are just quite happy to stay with what they have.

For me, well I'm quite different in many ways. I upgrade e-Sword with every new version that comes out because I use the new and improved features, and to me they are important in the presentation of a document.

Having the tables in particular is really great, and the ability to insert graphics (images) is an added (but not a necessary) bonus. The Reader is an excellent addition for many, but for me, its not what I use. That goes with the STEP reader as well, I hardly ever touch that.

I know that I will be using the Graphics viewer more often in conjunction with the Topic Note editor, because I can copy and paste the images from the Graphics viewer in to a topic note after doing a bit of editing to the image. This really comes in handy.

So, there are many different ways people can use e-Sword, and from that people stay with what they like and want.

I hope this has answered your question.

Blessings,
Stephen (Php 1:21).

P.S. BTW you know how one now can switch to the Page view in the editor's. Who now needs print preview? Interesting eh!
X (formerly Twitter)

#16 Alleinx

Alleinx

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:17 AM

For God's sake could anyone post a link where that tool, so called BeST, can be downloaded from?

#17 Scribe

Scribe

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:00 AM

For God's sake could anyone post a link where that tool, so called BeST, can be downloaded from?

I just did a Google search for "BibleSupport BeST" to see what came up. I found a link about the 7th one down.

or you could try this link BeST 2 for more info.

You could also navigate from the top of this page. Go to: Downloads > More Categories > e-Sword Utilities > BeST2

Scribe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users