Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Editing font in Resource (.topx) files

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wilde

wilde

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:49 AM

Hello and thanks for the great site!

I tried searching for this topic, but couldn't find a simple answer so: Is it possible to edit .topx files that come with e-Sword? I'm reading Philip Schaff's History of the Christian Church, but the font is a bit too small for me and I'd like to change it into Segoe UI.

It seems like you cannot zoom the text of Resource files in e-Sword nor can you alter the font. I also tried loading the topic file into Tool tip tool, but it didn't seem to load up :-(

Thank you!

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:54 AM

Hello and thanks for the great site!

I tried searching for this topic, but couldn't find a simple answer so: Is it possible to edit .topx files that come with e-Sword? I'm reading Philip Schaff's History of the Christian Church, but the font is a bit too small for me and I'd like to change it into Segoe UI.

It seems like you cannot zoom the text of Resource files in e-Sword nor can you alter the font. I also tried loading the topic file into Tool tip tool, but it didn't seem to load up :-(

Thank you!

Hi,

Zoom the text in the Reference Library by clicking in the window with the text. Hold down your CTRL key and roll your mouse wheel forward.

#3 wilde

wilde

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:13 PM

Thanks! Kind of secret feature. :-) Now I see a magnifying glass there. It propably was there before, but I didn't see it.

What about changing the font?

#4 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:00 PM

Options > Fonts control which fonts are used where. I don't think you can override the font for a Topic/ Reference Library, unless you edit the file in the Topic Editor.

#5 wilde

wilde

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:52 PM

This is propably a stupid question, but what is this Topic Editor and how do you open a file in it?

Thank you for your patience :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users