Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Tables in commentaries

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:58 PM

I am trying to convert a commentary to cmtx format. It includes multiple tables in it, that--when I paste them into ToolTip--has the text running outside of the table cells. There is no way of expanding the cells width-wise, nor making them taller to accomidate the text.

Is there any way of fixing this? Will the table even show up right in e-Sword? Or am I going to have to re-type them all (because copying them just makes another too-small table cell)?

Help...

BCobb

#2 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:12 PM

Cobb78,

Josh and BH will have better answers, but...

I have had tables recently that looked terrible in tooltip when I pasted them in, but they looked fine again in e sword once I created the module. I do not know how repeatable this is, however.

Blessings,
Peter

#3 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:14 PM

I am trying to convert a commentary to cmtx format. It includes multiple tables in it, that--when I paste them into ToolTip--has the text running outside of the table cells. There is no way of expanding the cells width-wise, nor making them taller to accomidate the text.

Is there any way of fixing this? Will the table even show up right in e-Sword? Or am I going to have to re-type them all (because copying them just makes another too-small table cell)?

Help...

BCobb

Yep, e-Sword displays tables properly. But T3 doesn't display tables well--even before e-Sword 10, in the days of e-Sword 9, T3's tables were a tad lacking. T3 also doesn't seem to support modifying a table--I do that in Microsoft Word.

My experience is most of the time, T3 will show the text running all over the place but when you compile the module, the table displays fine in e-Sword. BUT, test this first with your table. Just compile a quick module with your table table and view it in e-Sword. That way, you don't get too deep into something to find out later it doesn't work like you think.

#4 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:41 AM

Thanks, josh. They seem to be working just fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users